in actual fact
"to be nominally but not actually independent"; "no one actually saw the shark"; "large meteorites actually come from the asteroid belt"
actually, in reality(adverb)
used to imply that one would expect the fact to be the opposite of that stated; surprisingly
"you may actually be doing the right thing by walking out"; "she actually spoke Latin"; "they thought they made the rules but in reality they were only puppets"; "people who seem stand-offish are in reality often simply nervous"
at the present moment
"the transmission screen shows the picture that is actually on the air"
as a sentence modifier to add slight emphasis
"actually, we all help clear up after a meal"; "actually, I haven't seen the film"; "I'm not all that surprised actually"; "she hasn't proved to be too satisfactory, actually"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for actually
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- в действителност, всъщностBulgarian
- en realitat, de fetCatalan, Valencian
- opravdu, skutečněCzech
- realmente, en realidad, de hecho, de veras, de veroSpanish
- در واقع, در حقیقتPersian
- varsinaisesti, itse asiassa, oikeastaanFinnish
- en fait, effectivementFrench
- davvero, realmenteItalian
- តាមពិត, តាមពិតទៅKhmer
- werkelijkheid, feitelijk, eigenlijkDutch
- for øyeblikket, virkeligheten, faktisk, reelt settNorwegian
- naprawdę, faktycznie, właściwiePolish
- na verdadePortuguese
- на самом деле, действительно, вообще-тоRussian
- dejansko, v bistvuSlovene
- verkligen, i själva verket, egentligen, faktisktSwedish
- thực sựVietnamese
Get even more translations for actually »
Find a translation for the actually synonym in other languages:
Select another language: