a flaw on a surface resulting when an applied substance does not adhere (as an air bubble in a coat of paint)
(botany) a swelling on a plant similar to that on the skin
blister, bulla, bleb(verb)
(pathology) an elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid
"Her feet blistered during the long hike"
blister, scald, whip(verb)
subject to harsh criticism
"The Senator blistered the administration in his speech on Friday"; "the professor scaled the students"; "your invectives scorched the community"
cause blisters to form on
"the tight shoes and perspiration blistered her feet"
blister(noun)To cause blisters to form.
blister(noun)To criticise severely.
blister(noun)To break out in blisters.
blister(noun)A bubble, as on a painted surface.
blister(noun)An enclosed pocket of air, which may be mixed with water or solvent vapor, trapped between impermeable layers of felt or between the membrane and substrate.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for blister
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пришка, изприщвам се, мехурBulgarian
- blære, vableDanish
- Blase, Blasen werfen, kritisierenGerman
- ampolla, ámpulaSpanish
- rakko, rakkulaFinnish
- blâmer, ampoule, critiquer, cloquer, cloque, se couvrir d'ampoules, boursouflureFrench
- balgScottish Gaelic
- vescica, bollaItalian
- 水疱, 火脹れJapanese
- BloderLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- blister, blaartrekkend, blein, blaar, blaasjeDutch
- tóʼiiłtą́Navajo, Navaho
- волдырь, пузырь, мозоль, нарывRussian
- мехур, плик, plik, жуљ, žulj, mehurSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for blister »
Find a translation for the blister synonym in other languages:
Select another language: