a complete list of things; usually arranged systematically
"it does not pretend to be a catalog of his achievements"
a book or pamphlet containing an enumeration of things
"he found it in the Sears catalog"
make an itemized list or catalog of; classify
"He is cataloguing his photographic negatives"
make a catalogue, compile a catalogue
"She spends her weekends cataloguing"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A memorial is any object, whether a writing, a monument, or other permanent thing that is designed or adapted to keep something in remembrance. Record is a word of wide signification, applying to any writing, mark, or trace that serves as a memorial giving enduring attestation of an event or fact; an extended account, chronicle, or history is a record; so, too, may be a brief inventory or memorandum; the inscription on a tombstone is a record of the dead; the striæ on a rock-surface are the record of a glacier's passage. A register is a formal or official written record, especially a series of entries made for preservation or reference; as, a register of births and deaths. Archives, in the sense here considered, are documents or records, often legal records, preserved in a public or official depository; the word archives is also applied to the place where such documents are regularly deposited and preserved. Muniments (Latin munio, fortify) are records that enable one to defend his title. Compare HISTORY; STORY.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for catalogue
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- каталог, каталогизирамBulgarian
- catàlegCatalan, Valencian
- katalog, soupisCzech
- Liste, katalogisieren, Katalog, Verzeichnis, ProgrammGerman
- luettelo, luetteloida, katalogiFinnish
- catalogue, inventaire, cataloguerFrench
- catalog, clàr, ainm-chlàrScottish Gaelic
- catalogo, catalogare, cataloghiItalian
- カタログ, 目録Japanese
- mengkatalogkan, katalogMalay
- bibliotheekcatalogus, catalogiseren, catalogus, cataloog, inventarisDutch
- catálogo, catalogar, programaPortuguese
- каталог, список, программа, учебный планRussian
- katalog, katalogiziratiSerbo-Croatian
- katalog, katalogiseraSwedish
Get even more translations for catalogue »
Find a translation for the catalogue synonym in other languages:
Select another language: