ascent, acclivity, rise, raise, climb, upgrade(noun)
an upward slope or grade (as in a road)
"the car couldn't make it up the rise"
ascent, rising, emanation, acclivity, ascending, mounting, heave, climbing, hike, rising slope, salary increase, ascension, boost, upgrade, climb, advance, wage increase, lift, procession, mount, rise, wage hike, raise, cost increase
climb, climbing, mounting(noun)
an event that involves rising to a higher point (as in altitude or temperature or intensity etc.)
the act of climbing something
"it was a difficult climb to the top"
climb, climb up, mount, go up(verb)
go upward with gradual or continuous progress
"Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
get on, draw near, bestride, come on, ascend, lift, come near, climb on, draw close, wax, arise, put on, go up, approach, come up, mount up, mount, burn down, climb up, ride, rise, move up, near, uprise, jump on, burn up, hop on, climb, jump
move with difficulty, by grasping
wax, mount, climb, rise(verb)
go up or advance
"Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
resurrect, rise, stand up, climb up, uprise, put on, climb on, heighten, go up, rebel, surface, lift, arise, spring up, come up, grow, originate, mount up, ride, ascend, prove, develop, climb, bestride, full, get on, get up, hop on, jump on, move up, turn out, jump, rear, mount, rise up, wax
"The path climbed all the way to the top of the hill"
improve one's social status
"This young man knows how to climb the social ladder"
rise, go up, climb(verb)
increase in value or to a higher point
"prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
rise, stand up, climb up, burn up, uprise, heighten, go up, rebel, surface, lift, arise, spring up, burn down, come up, grow, originate, resurrect, draw close, draw near, ascend, develop, climb, get up, prove, approach, move up, turn out, jump, rear, come on, come near, mount, rise up, wax, near
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for climb
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- лезці, палезці, лазіць, палазіцьBelarusian
- качвам се, изкачвам се, катеря сеBulgarian
- escalarCatalan, Valencian
- růst, léztCzech
- klettern, steigen, aufsteigenGerman
- ανεβαίνω, σκαρφαλώνωGreek
- escalar, subir, trepar, subida, ascensoSpanish
- nousta, kiivetä, kohota, kavutaFinnish
- monter, escalader, grimperFrench
- dìrich, streapScottish Gaelic
- טיפס, עלה, האמירHebrew
- բարձրանալ, ելնել, մագլցելArmenian
- klifra, klífaIcelandic
- arrampicare, scalareItalian
- 登る, 攀じ登るJapanese
- 오르다, 기어 올라가다Korean
- scando, ascendōLatin
- искачува, се искачува, се јази, ползи, искачувањеMacedonian
- klimmen, beklimmenDutch
- klatreNorwegian Nynorsk
- subir, escalar, trepar, escalada, ascensão, subidaPortuguese
- sui, urcaRomanian
- подниматься, подняться, залезть, карабкаться, лазить, вскарабкаться, полазить, лезть, взбираться, взобраться, восхождение, подъёмRussian
- tırmanmak, çıkmakTurkish
- полі́зти, ла́зити, лі́зти, пола́зитиUkrainian
- leo, lênVietnamese
Get even more translations for climb »
Find a translation for the climb synonym in other languages:
Select another language: