of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles
"coarse meal"; "coarse sand"; "a coarse weave"
coarse, common, rough-cut, uncouth, vulgar(adj)
lacking refinement or cultivation or taste
"he had coarse manners but a first-rate mind"; "behavior that branded him as common"; "an untutored and uncouth human being"; "an uncouth soldier--a real tough guy"; "appealing to the vulgar taste for violence"; "the vulgar display of the newly rich"
of low or inferior quality or value
"of what coarse metal ye are molded"- Shakespeare; "produced...the common cloths used by the poorer population"
coarse(adjective)Composed of large parts or particles; of inferior quality or appearance; not fine in material or close in texture.
coarse(adjective)Lacking refinement, taste or delicacy;
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Bluff is a word of good meaning, as are frank and open. The bluff man talks and laughs loudly and freely, says and does whatever he pleases with fearless good nature, and with no thought of annoying or giving pain to others. The blunt man says things which he is perfectly aware are disagreeable, either from a defiant indifference to others' feelings, or from the pleasure of tormenting.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
of large size
of large fibres or particles
Translations for coarse
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- необработен, долнокачествен, грубBulgarian
- grollera, groller, basta, bruta, brut, bastCatalan, Valencian
- primitiv, grob, derbGerman
- grosero, rudo, burdo, rústico, bruto, tosco, crudoSpanish
- brut, vulgaire, bruteFrench
- נחותה, גס, נחות, גסהHebrew
- rozzo, rude, grezzo, grossolano, greggio, grossolanaItalian
- grof, ruwDutch
- grovNorwegian Nynorsk
- grosseiro, rude, grosseiraPortuguese
- aspru, grosieră, grosierRomanian
- вульгарный, необработанный, непристойный, черновой, низкокачественный, грубый, неприличный, похабный, крупныйRussian
Get even more translations for coarse »
Find a translation for the coarse synonym in other languages:
Select another language: