Synonyms for wordwɜrd
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms and similiar words for the term word
a unit of language that native speakers can identify
a brief statement
news, intelligence, tidings, word(noun)
information about recent and important events
password, intelligence, news program, intelligence service, intelligence activity, give-and-take, news show, news, tidings, countersign, watchword, discussion, word of honor, newsworthiness, intelligence agency, word, intelligence operation, parole, intelligence information
a verbal command for action
discussion, give-and-take, word(noun)
an exchange of views on some topic
interchange, password, reciprocation, raillery, news, tidings, treatment, discussion, word of honor, give-and-take, intelligence, banter, backchat, word, parole, discourse, watchword, countersign
parole, word, word of honor(noun)
a word is a string of bits stored in computer memory
Son, Word, Logos(noun)
the divine word of God; the second person in the Trinity (incarnate in Jesus)
password, watchword, word, parole, countersign(noun)
a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group
Bible, Christian Bible, Book, Good Book, Holy Scripture, Holy Writ, Scripture, Word of God, Word(verb)
the sacred writings of the Christian religions
password, account book, parole, rule book, record, ledger, news, tidings, countersign, watchword, discussion, book of account, sacred scripture, give-and-take, intelligence, volume, leger, script, word of honor, playscript, record book, al-Qur'an
give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate(verb)
put into words or an expression
word(noun)A brief discussion or conversation.
word(noun)Angry debate or conversation; argument.
word(noun)Any sequence of letters or characters considered as a discrete entity.
word(noun)A unit of text equivalent to five characters and one space.
word(noun)A fixed-size group of bits handled as a unit by a machine. On many 16-bit machines a word is 16 bits or two bytes.
word(noun)A finite string which is not a command or operator.
word(noun)A group element, expressed as a product of group elements.
word(noun)Different symbols, written or spoken, arranged together in a unique sequence that approximates a thought in a person's mind.
Word(noun)truth, to tell or speak the truth; the shortened form of the statement, My word is my bond, an expression eventually shortened to Word is bond, before it finally got cut to just Word, which is its most commonly used form.
word(noun)An abbreviated form of word up; a statement of the acknowledgment of fact with a hint of nonchalant approval.
word(noun)A distinct unit of language (sounds in speech or written letters) with a particular meaning, composed of one or more morphemes, and also of one or more phonemes that determine its sound pattern.
word(noun)A distinct unit of language which is approved by some authority.
word(noun)An order; a request or instruction.
word(noun)A promise; an oath or guarantee.
word(noun)Communication from god; the message of the Christian gospel; the Bible.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Term in its figurative uses always retains something of its literal sense of a boundary or limit. The articles of a contract or other instrument are simply the portions into which it is divided for convenience; the terms are the essential statements on which its validity depends — as it were, the landmarks of its meaning or power; a condition is a contingent term which may become fixed upon the happening of some contemplated event. In logic a term is one of the essential members of a proposition, the boundary of statement in some one direction. Thus, in general use term is more restricted than word, expression, or phrase; a term is a word that limits meaning to a fixed point of statement or to a special class of subjects, as when we speak of the definition of terms, that is of the key-words in any discussion; or we say, that is a legal or scientific term. Compare BOUNDARY; DICTION.
Translations for word
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- woord, erewoordAfrikaans
- рагӏул, рагӏиAvaric
- kəlmə, sözcük, sözAzerbaijani
- сло́во, ду́маBulgarian
- ཚིགTibetan Standard
- ger, gerioùBreton
- redactar, paraula, motCatalan, Valencian
- slovo boží, slovo, slibCzech
- слово, ⱄⰾⱁⰲⱁOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- Wort, EhrenwortGerman
- λέξη, συντάσσω, λόγος, διατυπώνωGreek
- redactar, palabra, vocabloSpanish
- berba, hitzBasque
- واژه, قول, گفتار, پیمان, کلمهPersian
- Sana, uutiset, sanaaFinnish
- verbe, parole, motFrench
- wurdWestern Frisian
- facal, briatharScottish Gaelic
- palabra, vocábuloGalician
- מִלָּה, ניסחHebrew
- बात, शब्दHindi
- mo, pawòlHaitian Creole
- բան, խոսք, խոստում, բառArmenian
- parola, verbo, vocabuloInterlingua
- firman, kataIndonesian
- orða, orðIcelandic
- parola, verbo, termine, word, vocaboloItalian
- 福音, 言語, 言葉, 単語, 言質Japanese
- ukara, sabdaJavanese
- oqaaseqKalaallisut, Greenlandic
- ពាក្យសំដី, ពាក្យKhmer
- ಶಬ್ದ, ಪದKannada
- 말씀, 단어, 말, 낱말Korean
- peyv, kelîme, bêjeKurdish
- vocabulum, verbumLatin
- WuertLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- matapakinga, kupu, pūrongoMāori
- збор, сло́во, формулира, изразува, божја речMacedonian
- ശബ്ദം, പദം, വാക്ക്Malayalam
- perkataan, perbincangan, kabar, berita, janji, khabar, kalimah, firman, sabda, kataMalay
- woord, formuleren, verwoorden, woordenwisseling, erewoord, onder woorden brengenDutch
- ord, krangel, lovnadNorwegian
- saadNavajo, Navaho
- дзырд, ныхасOssetian, Ossetic
- ਸ਼ਬਦPanjabi, Punjabi
- słowo, słowo bożePolish
- لغت, کلمهPashto, Pushto
- verbo, palavra, promessa, palavra divina, palavra de Deus, palavra do Senhor, notícias, vocábuloPortuguese
- pled, plaidRomansh
- vorbă, [[cuvânt]] [[de]] [[onoare]], cuvântRomanian
- сло́во, слово, перебра́нка, формулироватьRussian
- पदम्, शब्दSanskrit
- reč, реч, slovo, riječ, ријеч, словоSerbo-Croatian
- වචනයSinhala, Sinhalese
- slovo božie, slovo, božie slovo, čestné slovoSlovak
- beseda, častna besedaSlovene
- llaf, fjalë, sharjeAlbanian
- lentsweSouthern Sotho
- வார்த்தை, சொல்Tamil
- దేవుడు, మాట, సంకేత పదము, వార్త, పదము, వాణి, చర్చTelugu
- калима, КаломTajik
- sözcük, kelimeTurkish
- سۆزUyghur, Uighur
- کلمہ, شبد, باتUrdu
- những lời, chữ, từ, tiếng, nhời, lờiVietnamese
- ó̩ró̩gbólóhùn kanYoruba
- uhlamvu, igama, isithembisoZulu
Get even more translations for word »
Find a translation for the word synonym in other languages:
Select another language: