camp, encampment, cantonment, bivouac(noun)
temporary living quarters specially built by the army for soldiers
"wherever he went in the camp the men were grumbling"
campground, refugee camp, coterie, encampment, pack, bivouacking, camping ground, ingroup, camping site, summer camp, tenting, cantonment, bivouac, clique, inner circle, camp, campsite, camping area, camping
a group of people living together in a camp
"the whole camp laughed at his mistake"
temporary lodgings in the country for travelers or vacationers
"level ground is best for parking and camp areas"
clique, coterie, ingroup, inner circle, pack, camp(noun)
an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
a penal institution (often for forced labor)
"China has many camps for political prisoners"
something that is considered amusing not because of its originality but because of its unoriginality
"the living room was pure camp"
camp, refugee camp(noun)
shelter for persons displaced by war or political oppression or for religious beliefs
camp, summer camp(adj)
a site where care and activities are provided for children during the summer months
"city kids get to see the country at a summer camp"
providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities
"they played up the silliness of their roles for camp effect"; "campy Hollywood musicals of the 1940's"
camp, encamp, camp out, bivouac, tent(verb)
live in or as if in a tent
"Can we go camping again this summer?"; "The circus tented near the town"; "The houseguests had to camp in the living room"
camp, camp down(verb)
establish or set up a camp
give an artificially banal or sexual quality to
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Cyclic adenosine monophosphate
Translations for Camp
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- лагерувам, лагер, лагеренBulgarian
- tábor, tábořit, stanovat, afektovaný, táborový, teatrálníCzech
- Lager, zeltenGerman
- κατασκηνώνω, κατασκήνωση, στρατόπεδο, καταυλισμός, πούστηςGreek
- acampar, facción, campo, bando, campamento, maricona, amanerado, camp, maricónSpanish
- اردوگاه, کمپPersian
- leiriytyä, leiri, telttailla, campFinnish
- bivouaquer, camp, camperFrench
- campaScottish Gaelic
- מחנה, חנהHebrew
- campa, kampa, tjaldaIcelandic
- consorteria, officina, formazione, circolo, campo, associazione, accampamento, consorzio, congregaItalian
- 幕営, 収容所, キャンプJapanese
- kamperen, kampDutch
- стоянка, лагерь, табор, [[располагаться]] [[лагерь, [[жить]] [[в]] [[палатка, база, кемпингRussian
- logor, tabor, логор, таборSerbo-Croatian
- fjollig, teatral, kitschig, fjompigSwedish
Get even more translations for Camp »
Find a translation for the Camp synonym in other languages:
Select another language: