detail, item, point(noun)
an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
"several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"
period, stage, power point, full point, gunpoint, pointedness, decimal point, degree, dot, percentage point, detail, peak, full stop, point, token, tip, particular, head, item, compass point, distributor point, breaker point, stop, point in time, spot, level, contingent
detail, particular, item(noun)
a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
"it was perfect in all details"
extended treatment of particulars
"the essay contained too much detail"
a crew of workers selected for a particular task
"a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
a temporary military unit
"the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"
provide details for
assign to a specific task
"The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A circumstance (Latin circum, around, and sto, stand), is something existing or occurring in connection with or relation to some other fact or event, modifying or throwing light upon the principal matter without affecting its essential character; an accompaniment is something that unites with the principal matter, tho not necessary to it; as, the piano accompaniment to a song; a concomitant goes with a thing in natural connection, but in a subordinate capacity, or perhaps in contrast; as, cheerfulness is a concomitant of virtue. A circumstance is not strictly, nor usually, an occasion, condition, effect, or result. (See these words under CAUSE.) Nor is the circumstance properly an incident. (See under ACCIDENT.) We say, "My decision will depend upon circumstances" — not "upon incidents." That a man wore a blue necktie would not probably be the cause, occasion, condition, or concomitant of his committing murder; but it might be a very important circumstance in identifying him as the murderer. All the circumstances make up the situation. A certain disease is the cause of a man's death; his suffering is an incident; that he is in his own home, that he has good medical attendance, careful nursing, etc., are consolatory circumstances. With the same idea of subordination, we often say, "This is not a circumstance to that." So a person is said to be in easy circumstances. Compare EVENT.
"Mere situation is expressed by 'in the circumstances'; action affected is performed 'under the circumstances.'" [
Murray's"New English Dictionary"]
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Diabetics Exposed to Telmisartan And EnalaprIL
Translations for Detail
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تفصيل, تفاصيلArabic
- детайлност, подробност, детайл, излагам подробноBulgarian
- detallCatalan, Valencian
- detail, podrobnostCzech
- detalje, detaljerDanish
- Einzelheit, Detail, detaillisierenGerman
- informoj, detalo, detalaroEsperanto
- detalle, destacamentoSpanish
- täpselt selgitamaEstonian
- yksityiskohta, epäolennaisuus, detalji, henkilötiedot, selittää [[yksityiskohtaisesti]], tarkentaa, määrätä, [[selittää]] [[tarkasti]], komennus, komentaaFinnish
- détail, coordonnées, détails, détachement, détaillerFrench
- פרטים, פרטHebrew
- kirendel, részlet, részletezHungarian
- մանրամաս, մանրուքArmenian
- detalio, detaliarInterlingua
- dettaglio, particolare, minuzia, dettagliareItalian
- დეტალი, წვრილმანიGeorgian
- smulkmena, detalėLithuanian
- perincian, butiranMalay
- detail, detachement, kleinigheid, persoonsgegevensDutch
- detalhe, minúcias, identificaçãoPortuguese
- тонкость, деталь, наряд, расчёт, подробностьRussian
- detachera, kommendering, oväsentlighet, [[oväsentlig]] [[sak]], detalj, specificera, beskriva, avdela, detaljerat, detachement, detaljer, kommendera, räkna upp, utkommendering, ta ut, information, enskildhet, upplysningSwedish
- వివరం, విశదీకరించుTelugu
- деталь, нарядUkrainian
Get even more translations for Detail »
Find a translation for the Detail synonym in other languages:
Select another language: