sum, total, totality, aggregate(noun)
the whole amount
nitty-gritty, sum total, marrow, meat, join, entirety, core, summation, sum, total, aggregate, amount of money, union, gist, heart and soul, totality, sum of money, substance, nub, center, conglomeration, centre, kernel, amount, essence, entireness, congeries, heart, integrality, inwardness, pith
material such as sand or gravel used with cement and water to make concrete, mortar, or plaster
aggregate, congeries, conglomeration(adj)
a sum total of many heterogenous things taken together
aggregate, aggregated, aggregative, mass(adj)
formed of separate units gathered into a mass or whole
"aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year"; "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
composed of a dense cluster of separate units such as carpels or florets or drupelets
"raspberries are aggregate fruits"
amount in the aggregate to
gather in a mass, sum, or whole
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To amass is to bring together materials that make a mass, a great bulk or quantity. With some occasional exceptions, accumulate is applied to the more gradual, amass to the more rapid gathering of money or materials, amass referring to the general result or bulk, accumulate to the particular process or rate of gain. We say interest is accumulated (or accumulates) rather than is amassed; he accumulated a fortune in the course of years; he rapidly amassed a fortune by shrewd speculations. Goods or money for immediate distribution are said to be collected rather than amassed. They may be stored up for a longer or shorter time; but to hoard is always with a view of permanent retention, generally selfish. Aggregate is now most commonly used of numbers and amounts; as, the expenses will aggregate a round million.
Amass for oneself; for a purpose; from a distance; with great labor; by industry.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for aggregate
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- агрегат, пълнител, общ, сумарен, съставен, съединявам, съвкупност, присъединявам сеBulgarian
- conjunto, total, conglomerado, agregado, juntar, sumarSpanish
- keräytymä, ryhmittää, kokonaismäärä, liittää, kokonaisuus, kokonaissumma, kerätä, kokouma, koota yhteen, runkoaine, aggregaattiFinnish
- granulats, agrégatFrench
- aggregato, aggregareItalian
- massa, zich verenigen, chromatische toonladder, twaalftonenreeks, samenstel, bedragen, aggregaat, geheel, complex, samenvoegenDutch
- masă, totRomanian
- sammanfoga, slå sammanSwedish
- toplamak, kütle, küme, kitle, yığmak, yığın, agregaTurkish
Get even more translations for aggregate »
Find a translation for the aggregate synonym in other languages:
Select another language: