isolated from others
"could be alone in a crowded room"; "was alone with her thoughts"; "I want to be alone"
alone(p), lone(a), lonely(a), solitary(adj)
lacking companions or companionship
"he was alone when we met him"; "she is alone much of the time"; "the lone skier on the mountain"; "a lonely fisherman stood on a tuft of gravel"; "a lonely soul"; "a solitary traveler"
exclusive of anyone or anything else
"she alone believed him"; "cannot live by bread alone"; "I'll have this car and this car only"
alone(p), unique, unequaled, unequalled, unparalleled(adverb)
radically distinctive and without equal
"he is alone in the field of microbiology"; "this theory is altogether alone in its penetration of the problem"; "Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint"; "craftsmen whose skill is unequaled"; "unparalleled athletic ability"; "a breakdown of law unparalleled in our history"
entirely, exclusively, solely, alone, only(adverb)
without any others being included or involved
"was entirely to blame"; "a school devoted entirely to the needs of problem children"; "he works for Mr. Smith exclusively"; "did it solely for money"; "the burden of proof rests on the prosecution alone"; "a privilege granted only to him"
alone, solo, unaccompanied(adverb)
without anybody else or anything else
"the child stayed home alone"; "the pillar stood alone, supporting nothing"; "he flew solo"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for alone
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مفرد, وحيد, وحد, منفردArabic
- единствено, самостоятелен, сам, самоBulgarian
- sol, únic, només, tot solCatalan, Valencian
- nur, einsam, ausschließlich, allein, selbstGerman
- μόνος, μόνη, μόνοGreek
- üksinda, üksi, ainult, iseEstonian
- تنها, تنهاییPersian
- taudua, duaduaFijian
- solo, da soloItalian
- 一人, 単独Japanese
- მარტო, მხოლოდ, მარტომ, დაუხმარებლადGeorgian
- solus, solumLatin
- elengLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- bare, alene, kunNorwegian
- samodzielnie, samotniePolish
- sozinho, sóPortuguese
- sapa, payllaQuechua
- sulet, persul, parsulRomansh
- оди́н, самостоя́тельно, то́лько, одино́кий, в одино́чку, сам, [[без]] [[постороннийRussian
- solu, souSardinian
- sam, са̑м, samo, sami, samaSerbo-Croatian
- ensam, allena, enbart, endast, bara, självSwedish
- сам, оди́нUkrainian
- chỉ, một mình, thôiVietnamese
Get even more translations for alone »
Find a translation for the alone synonym in other languages:
Select another language: