with a forward motion
"we drove along admiring the view"; "the horse trotted along at a steady pace"; "the circus traveled on to the next city"; "move along"; "march on"
in accompaniment or as a companion
"his little sister came along to the movies"; "I brought my camera along"; "working along with his father"
to a more advanced state
"the work is moving along"; "well along in their research"; "hurrying their education along"; "getting along in years"
in addition (usually followed by `with')
"we sent them food and some clothing went along in the package"; "along with the package came a bill"; "consider the advantages along with the disadvantages"
in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside')
"pass the word along"; "ran along beside me"; "cottages along by the river"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for along
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- заедно, по-нататък, покрай, крайBulgarian
- entlang, längs, weiterGerman
- [[μαζί]] [[με]]Greek
- a lo largo, a lo largo deSpanish
- mööda, pikiEstonian
- mukana, pitkin, eteenpäin, mukaanFinnish
- le long de, accompagnéFrench
- air adhartScottish Gaelic
- mellett, hosszában, menténHungarian
- երկայնքով, առաջArmenian
- di sepanjangIndonesian
- 을 따라서Korean
- долж, понатаму, крај, заедно, поMacedonian
- sepanjang, bersamaMalay
- mee, langs, doorDutch
- na całej długości, razem, wzdłużPolish
- conosco, por, junto, ao longo de, adiante, comigoPortuguese
- par lùng, per liung, per lungRomansh
- de-a lungul, înainte, impreunaRomanian
- вдоль, да́льше, вперёд, вме́сте, поRussian
- längs, medSwedish
- ด้วยกัน, ตามThai
Get even more translations for along »
Find a translation for the along synonym in other languages:
Select another language: