disposed or willing to comply
"someone amenable to persuasion"
readily reacting to suggestions and influences
"a responsive student"
open to being acted upon in a certain way
"an amenable hospitalization should not result in untimely death"; "the tumor was not amenable to surgical treatment"
liable to answer to a higher authority
"the president is amenable to the constitutional court"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
One who is docile is easily taught; one who is tractable is easily led; one who is pliant is easily bent in any direction; compliant represents one as inclined or persuaded to agreement with another's will. Compare DUTY.
Translations for amenable
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- отзивчив, послушен, поддаващ се, сговорчив, податливBulgarian
- gefügig, fügsam, zugängig, ansprechbar, zugänglichGerman
- σύμφωνος, πρόθυμοςGreek
- receptivo, agradable, susceptibleSpanish
- vastaanottavainen, myöntyväinenFinnish
- послушный, сговорчивыйRussian
- verebilir, bağlı, olan, yumuşak başlıTurkish
- chịu trách nhiệmVietnamese
Get even more translations for amenable »
Find a translation for the amenable synonym in other languages:
Select another language: