be owned by; be in the possession of
"This book belongs to me"
be suitable or acceptable
"This student somehow doesn't belong"
be in the right place or situation
"Where do these books belong?"; "Let's put health care where it belongs--under the control of the government"; "Where do these books go?"
drop dead, pop off, operate, belong, buy the farm, give-up the ghost, work, choke, go away, get, rifle, cash in one's chips, sound, get going, fail, kick the bucket, expire, blend, function, lead, endure, live, pass away, perish, run short, survive, croak, plump, move, extend, conk, fit, blend in, become, run low, conk out, locomote, break, proceed, last, decease, give out, go, depart, give way, hold up, snuff it, pass, hold out, start, belong to, die, travel, exit, run, live on, break down, go bad
be rightly classified in a class or category
"The whales belong among the mammals"
be a member, adherent, inhabitant, etc. (of a group, organization, or place)
"They belong to the same political party"
belong to, belong(verb)
be a part or adjunct
"the uniform looks like it belonged to a museum collection"; "These pages don't belong"
Translations for belong
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- принадлежа, членувам, собственост съм на, принадлежа́Bulgarian
- henhøre, tilhøre, hjemme, plads, høre, passeDanish
- gehören, ist Element von, dazugehören, hingehören, sind Element vonGerman
- a, pertenecer, pertencer, formar parteSpanish
- kuulua, lukeutuaFinnish
- faire partie, avoir sa place, trouver sa placeFrench
- buinScottish Gaelic
- thuishoren, behoren, toebehoren, van, iemand, zijn, horen, tot, aan, bijDutch
- należeć doPolish
- принадлежа́ть, [[быть]] «[[свойRussian
- pripadati, spadatiSerbo-Croatian
- höra, höra till, tillhöra, höra hitSwedish
Get even more translations for belong »
Find a translation for the belong synonym in other languages:
Select another language: