vegetation (such as young shoots, twigs, and leaves) that is suitable for animals to eat
"a deer needs to eat twenty pounds of browse every day"
reading superficially or at random
the act of feeding by continual nibbling
shop around; not necessarily buying
"I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
crop, browse, graze, range, pasture(verb)
feed as in a meadow or pasture
"the herd was grazing"
rove, vagabond, crease, dress, rank, ramble, clip, range, run, surf, stray, rake, browse, place, roll, trim, array, graze, cast, straddle, pasture, prune, wander, shop, grade, lay out, swan, tramp, crop, work, rate, cultivate, drift, cut back, snip, lop, order, roam, set out
look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular
"browse a computer directory"; "surf the internet or the world wide web"
eat lightly, try different dishes
"There was so much food at the party that we quickly got sated just by browsing"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for browse
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- prohlížet si, brouzdatCzech
- gennemse, skimme, gennemsøge, gennem-, gennemrodeDanish
- durchsuchen, blättern, browsen, stöbern, durchstöbern, grasen, surfen, äsenGerman
- ramoneo, navegarSpanish
- kierrellä, maistella, katsella, selata, selailla, tutkailla, laiduntaaFinnish
- feuilleter, naviguer, brouterFrench
- brabhsaichScottish Gaelic
- átböngész, böngészikHungarian
- osservare, navigareItalian
- beiteNorwegian Nynorsk
- navegar, observarPortuguese
- просма́тривать, просмотре́тьRussian
- otlamak, gözden geçirmek, göz atmakTurkish
Get even more translations for browse »
Find a translation for the browse synonym in other languages:
Select another language: