dwell, consist, lie, lie in(verb)
"The problems dwell in the social injustices in this country"
have its essential character; be comprised or contained in; be embodied in
"The payment consists in food"; "What does love consist in?"
be consistent in form, tenor, or character; be congruous
"Desires are to be satisfied only so far as consists with an approved end"
be composed of
"The land he conquered comprised several provinces"; "What does this dish consist of?"
Translations for consist
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- състоя се, съставен съмBulgarian
- souprava, skládatCzech
- composer, consisterFrench
- samanstanda, afIcelandic
- formazione, composizione, configurarsi, comporsi, consistere, configurazioneItalian
- 成る, 編成, 成り立つJapanese
- 이루어져 있다Korean
- samenstelling, bestaanDutch
- consista, constaRomanian
- из, состоятьRussian
- bestå av, vara, bestå (av), avSwedish
Get even more translations for consist »
Find a translation for the consist synonym in other languages:
Select another language: