constant, constant quantity, invariable(noun)
a quantity that does not vary
a number representing a quantity assumed to have a fixed value in a specified mathematical context
"the velocity of light is a constant"
changeless, constant, invariant, unvarying(adj)
unvarying in nature
"maintained a constant temperature"; "principles of unvarying validity"
steadfast in purpose or devotion or affection
"a man constant in adherence to his ideals"; "a constant lover"; "constant as the northern star"
ceaseless, constant, incessant, never-ending, perpetual, unceasing, unremitting(adj)
uninterrupted in time and indefinitely long continuing
"the ceaseless thunder of surf"; "in constant pain"; "night and day we live with the incessant noise of the city"; "the never-ending search for happiness"; "the perpetual struggle to maintain standards in a democracy"; "man's unceasing warfare with drought and isolation"; "unremitting demands of hunger"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Continuous describes that which is absolutely without pause or break; continual, that which often intermits, but as regularly begins again. A continuous beach is exposed to the continual beating of the waves. A similar distinction is made between incessant and ceaseless. The incessant discharge of firearms makes the ceaseless roar of battle. Constant is sometimes used in the sense of continual; but its chief uses are mental and moral.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
steady, constants, continuous, continuing, ongoing, continued, permanent, consistent, continual, constantly, sustained, persistent, standing, stable, steadfast, on-going, continuously, incessant, perpetual, ever-present, unchanged, abiding, unwavering, fixed, relentless, regular, recurrent, lasting, enduring
Translations for constant
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- постоянен, постоянна величина, непрекъснат, константа, неизмененBulgarian
- constantCatalan, Valencian
- ständig, beständig, Konstante, konstant, stetig, regelmäßig, Fixwert, festGerman
- σταθερός, σταθερά, συνεχής, διαρκής, αδιάκοποςGreek
- ثابت, ماندگارPersian
- muuttumaton, vakio, jatkuva, vakaa, tasainen, pysyväFinnish
- constant, constanteFrench
- cunbhalach, seasmhachScottish Gaelic
- állandó, konstans, kitartó, állhatatos, folytonos, változatlanHungarian
- 변하지 않는 것, 상수Korean
- constant, constantă, stabil, neschimbatRomanian
- постоянная, постоянный, константаRussian
- không thay đổiVietnamese
Get even more translations for constant »
Find a translation for the constant synonym in other languages:
Select another language: