everything that is included in a collection and that is held or included in something
"he emptied the contents of his pockets"; "the two groups were similar in content"
message, content, subject matter, substance(noun)
what a communication that is about something is about
message, content, meat, means, core, inwardness, subject, sum, subject matter, cognitive content, heart and soul, marrow, substance, nub, center, depicted object, centre, kernel, meaning, essence, contentedness, heart, mental object, nitty-gritty, capacity, pith, gist
the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
the amount that can be contained
"the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
content, cognitive content, mental object(noun)
the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
the state of being contented with your situation in life
"he relaxed in sleepy contentedness"; "they could read to their heart's content"
subject, content, depicted object(adj)
something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
"a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject"
national, content, topic, mental object, issue, subject matter, discipline, case, subject area, matter, substance, theme, depicted object, study, guinea pig, contentedness, subject field, message, capacity, cognitive content, field, field of study, bailiwick, subject
satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are
"a contented smile"
satisfy in a limited way
"He contented himself with one glass of beer per day"
"I am contented"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To satisfy is to furnish just enough to meet physical, mental, or spiritual desire. To sate or satiate is to gratify desire so fully as for a time to extinguish it. To cloy or surfeit is to gratify to the point of revulsion or disgust. Glut is a strong but somewhat coarse word applied to the utmost satisfaction of vehement appetites and passions; as, to glut a vengeful spirit with slaughter; we speak of glutting the market with a supply so excessive as to extinguish the demand. Much less than is needed to satisfy may suffice a frugal or abstemious person; less than a sufficiency may content one of a patient and submissive spirit. Compare PAY; REQUITE.
Satisfy with food, with gifts, etc.; satisfy one (in the sense of make satisfaction) for labors and sacrifices; satisfy oneself by or upon inquiry.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for content
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مبصوط, محتوى, قانعArabic
- задоволявам, същност, капацитет, вместимост, съдържание, доволенBulgarian
- content, contingutCatalan, Valencian
- obsah, podstata, spokojenýCzech
- tilfreds, tilfredsstille, indhold, stille tilfredsDanish
- Inhalt, zufriedenGerman
- contentar, contenido, contentoSpanish
- sisu, sisaldusEstonian
- tyytyväinen, substanssi, sisältö, tyydyttääFinnish
- contente, contenu, satisfaire, contentFrench
- sàsaich, susbaintScottish Gaelic
- kielégít, tartalom, elégedettHungarian
- contenuto, soddisfare, contentoItalian
- 内容, 含有量, コンテンツ, 満足しているJapanese
- 콘텐츠, 內容, 내용Korean
- inhoud, tevredenstellen, tevreden, vergenoegenDutch
- innhaldNorwegian Nynorsk
- fornøyd, tilfredsNorwegian
- treść, zawartość, ilość, pojemnośćPolish
- contentar, conteúdo, satisfazer, satisfeito, teor, contentePortuguese
- mulțumi, conținut, mulțumitRomanian
- содержание, довольный, сущность, контент, содержимоеRussian
- tillfredsställd, tillfreds, innehåll, nöja, nöjdSwedish
- laman, nilalaman, kuntentoTagalog
- 內容, nội dungVietnamese
Get even more translations for content »
Find a translation for the content synonym in other languages:
Select another language: