pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, baby, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge(verb)
treat with excessive indulgence
"grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
pamper, frustrate, scotch, botch, bilk, baby, itch, bungle, muck up, impair, mishandle, bumble, plunder, gratify, botch up, foil, blow, go bad, flub, fumble, vitiate, rape, thwart, ball up, featherbed, bollocks up, bollocks, screw up, baffle, mess up, luxuriate, despoil, deflower, louse up, bollix, mar, indulge, muff, violate, pander, cocker, foul up, cross, fluff, mollycoddle, bobble, coddle, bollix up, cosset, spoil, corrupt, bodge
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To caress is less than to embrace; more dignified and less familiar than to fondle. A visitor caresses a friend's child; a mother fondles her babe. Fondling is always by touch; caressing may be also by words, or other tender and pleasing attentions.
See synonyms for AFFRONT.
Caressed by or with the hand; caressed by admirers, at court.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for pamper
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- verwöhnen, hätschelnGerman
- καλομαθαίνω, παραχαϊδεύω, κανακεύω, κακομαθαίνω, περιποιούμαιGreek
- consentir, regalonear, mimarSpanish
- بناز پروردنPersian
- hemmotella, lelliä, hyysätäFinnish
- choyer, dorloterFrench
- संतुष्ट करनाHindi
- kényeztet, elkényztetHungarian
- dulle, skjemme bortNorwegian
- mimar, paparicar, deleitarPortuguese
- alinta, răsfățaRomanian
- изнеживать, изнежить, баловать, избаловатьRussian
- razmaziti, размазитиSerbo-Croatian
Get even more translations for pamper »
Find a translation for the pamper synonym in other languages:
Select another language: