a large, flat, thin case for carrying loose papers or drawings or maps; usually leather
"he remembered her because she was carrying a large portfolio"
a set of pieces of creative work collected to be shown to potential customers or employers
"the artist had put together a portfolio of his work"; "every actor has a portfolio of photographs"
a list of the financial assets held by an individual or a bank or other financial institution
"they were disappointed by the poor returns on their stock portfolio"
the role of the head of a government department
"he holds the portfolio for foreign affairs"
List of paraphrases:
Translations for portfolio
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- χαρτοφυλάκιο, δείγμα εργασίας, χαρτοφύλακας, υπουργείοGreek
- cartera de inversiones, cartera, portafolio, portafolios, carpeta de trabajosSpanish
- salkku, arvopaperisalkku, osakesalkku, portfolio, ministerinsalkkuFinnish
- portefeuille, portfolioFrench
- tárca, irattáska, mappa, aktatáska, portfólióHungarian
- cartella, portafoglioItalian
- پورٹ فولیوUrdu
Get even more translations for portfolio »
Find a translation for the portfolio synonym in other languages:
Select another language: