predicament, quandary, plight(noun)
a situation from which extrication is difficult especially an unpleasant or trying one
"finds himself in a most awkward predicament"; "the woeful plight of homeless people"
state of uncertainty or perplexity especially as requiring a choice between equally unfavorable options
quandary(noun)A state of not knowing what to decide; a state of difficulty or perplexity; a state of uncertainty, hesitation or puzzlement; a pickle; a predicament.
quandary(noun)A dilemma, a difficult decision or choice.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for quandary
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- dilema, bezradnost, rozpakyCzech
- Dilemma, ZwickmühleGerman
- disyuntiva, dilema, indecisiónSpanish
- perplexité, incertitude, dilemme, embarrasFrench
- ngākau kōnatunatuMāori
- onzekerheid, dilemma, besluiteloosheidDutch
- dilema, indecisãoPortuguese
- затруднительное положение, недоумение, затруднениеRussian
Get even more translations for quandary »
Find a translation for the quandary synonym in other languages:
Select another language: