an amount of something available for use
offering goods and services for sale
provision, supply, supplying(verb)
the activity of supplying or providing something
supply, provide, render, furnish(verb)
give something useful or necessary to
"We provided the room with an electrical heater"
provide, put up, yield, deliver, picture, supply, append, show, furnish, hand over, add, turn in, interpret, translate, fork up, submit, fork out, give, offer, fork over, depict, generate, return, ply, bring home the bacon, try, leave, allow, render, issue, allow for, cater
circulate or distribute or equip with
"issue a new uniform to the children"; "supply blankets for the beds"
provide, supply, ply, cater(verb)
give what is desired or needed, especially support, food or sustenance
"The hostess provided lunch for all the guests"
add, append, supply(verb)
state or say further
"`It doesn't matter,' he supplied"
hang on, add up, summate, lend, sum, supply, furnish, issue, total, add together, tack, bestow, tag on, impart, render, affix, append, supplement, tack on, contribute, tally, ply, provide, add on, tote up, add, bring, tot up, sum up, tot, cater
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To give is primarily to transfer to another's possession or ownership without compensation; in its secondary sense in popular use, it is to put into another's possession by any means and on any terms whatever; a buyer may say "Give me the goods, and I will give you the money;" we speak of giving answers, information, etc., and often of giving what is not agreeable to the recipient, as blows, medicine, reproof; but when there is nothing in the context to indicate the contrary, give is always understood in its primary sense; as, this book was given me. Give thus becomes, like get, a term of such general import as to be a synonym for a wide variety of words. To grant is to put into one's possession in some formal way, or by authoritative act; as, Congress grants lands to a railroad corporation. To speak of granting a favor carries a claim or concession of superiority on the part of the one by whom the grant may be made; to confer has a similar sense; as, to confer a degree or an honor; we grant a request or petition, but do not confer it. To impart is to give of that which one still, to a greater or less degree, retains; the teacher imparts instruction. To bestow is to give that of which the receiver stands in especial need; we bestow alms.
We give money to a person for a thing, for a purpose, etc. (or without proposition, give a person a sum of money); we give a thing to or into one's care or keeping; the weary fugitive gave himself up to his pursuers.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
supplies, provision, procurement, offer, provisioning, sourcing, provide, delivery, offering, availability, feeding, source, providing, offers, approvisionnement, quotation, font, distribution, acquisitions, bid, tender, supply-side, refuelling, provides, supplying, supplier, quote, rhcs
Translations for supply
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- fornir, subministrar, proveirCatalan, Valencian
- poskytnout, nabídka, zásobaCzech
- leverance, yde, forsynings-, afhjælpe, levere, erstatte, forsyning, skaffe, udbud, føde-, forråd, vikariereDanish
- liefern, vertreten, versorgen, Versorgung, Vorrat, Angebot, zur Verfügung stellen, ausrüsten, bereitstellenGerman
- proveer, municionar, abastecer, suplir, suministro, oferta, útil, abasto, provisiones, suministrar, abastecimiento, equiparSpanish
- varustama, varustusEstonian
- tarjonta, toimittaa, budjetti, talousarvio, tarjota, korvata, syöttää, [[toimia]] [[sijaisena]], täyttää, pitää hallussaan, hankkia, [[vastata]] [[kysyntään]], [[tyydyttää]] [[kysyntä]], täydentää, eväs, sijainen, muona, toimitus, varustaa, tarvikkeet, sijaistaaFinnish
- fournir, approvisionnement, approvisionnerFrench
- pótol, helyettesít, ellát, felszerelHungarian
- supplire, fornitura, fornire, approvvigionamento, rifornireItalian
- 供給, 埋め合わせる, 補填, 配給, 補給, 支給, 代理を務めるJapanese
- prover, provisão, suprirPortuguese
- alimentare, aprovizionare, provizie, rezervăRomanian
- поставка, снабдить, снаряжать, поставлять, снарядить, снабжение, пополнить, снабжать, предложение, запас, поставить, припасы, пополнятьRussian
- snàbdjeti, opskr̀bitiSerbo-Croatian
- avhjälpa, tillgodose, gottgöra, leverera, supplera, förseSwedish
Get even more translations for supply »
Find a translation for the supply synonym in other languages:
Select another language: