sum, total, totality, aggregate(noun)
the whole amount
nitty-gritty, sum total, marrow, meat, join, entirety, core, summation, sum, total, aggregate, amount of money, union, gist, heart and soul, totality, sum of money, substance, nub, center, conglomeration, centre, kernel, amount, essence, entireness, congeries, heart, integrality, inwardness, pith
sum, amount, total(adj)
a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
nitty-gritty, sum total, marrow, meat, join, quantity, core, summation, sum, total, aggregate, amount of money, union, gist, heart and soul, totality, sum of money, substance, nub, center, centre, kernel, measure, amount, essence, heart, inwardness, pith
entire, full, total(adj)
constituting the full quantity or extent; complete
"an entire town devastated by an earthquake"; "gave full attention"; "a total failure"
complete in extent or degree and in every particular
"a full game"; "a total eclipse"; "a total disaster"
total, number, add up, come, amount(verb)
add up in number or quantity
"The bills amounted to $2,000"; "The bill came to $2,000"
tot, descend, tote up, hail, get, add, get along, fare, numerate, sum, add up, come in, come up, tot up, list, fall, sum up, do, follow, occur, enumerate, count, issue forth, make out, number, amount, tally, derive, make sense, come, add together, total, summate, arrive, keep down
total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up(verb)
determine the sum of
"Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
supply, tot, resume, tote up, bring, impart, hit, rack up, add, match, fit, sum, add up, make sense, summarize, agree, tot up, sum up, chalk up, summarise, bestow, number, score, gibe, append, tally, correspond, come, add together, jibe, contribute, total, summate, lend, amount, check
damage beyond the point of repair
"My son totaled our new car"; "the rock star totals his guitar at every concert"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The widely divergent senses in which the word radical is used, by which it can be at some time interchanged with any word in the above list, are all formed upon the one primary sense of having to do with or proceeding from the root (Latin radix); a radical difference is one that springs from the root, and is thus constitutional, essential, fundamental, organic, original; a radical change is one that does not stop at the surface, but reaches down to the very root, and is entire, thorough, total; since the majority find superficial treatment of any matter the easiest and most comfortable, radical measures, which strike at the root of evil or need, are apt to be looked upon as extreme.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for total
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- total, sumaCatalan, Valencian
- naprostý, totální, celý, součet, úhrnCzech
- zusammenaddieren, zusammennehmen, komplett, total, gesamt, Gesamtsumme, Summe, aufaddieren, schrotten, ganz, GesamtbetragGerman
- total, sumaSpanish
- summa, täysi, laskea yhteen, olla, tehdä, totaalinen, täydellinen, koko, summata, tuhota, määräFinnish
- totaliser, total, tout, somme, entierFrench
- összes, teljes, végösszeg, összegHungarian
- intero, totale, sommaItalian
- 総額, 和, 総和, 完全な, 全部, 総計Japanese
- hilweşandin, hemû, tev, tevayî, temam, giş, tevandin, ruxandinKurdish
- somma, summa, totus, solidusLatin
- bijeentellen, gehele, optellen, totale, gelijk zijn aan, in de prak rijden, compleet, geheel, totaal, som, volledige, complete, uitkomen op, volledigDutch
- soma, totalPortuguese
- полный, сумма, тотальный, весь, целый, итогRussian
- idadi, jumlaSwahili
- మొత్తము, కూడుట, లెక్క, సరాసరి, పూర్తి, అన్నిTelugu
Get even more translations for total »
Find a translation for the total synonym in other languages:
Select another language: