a large shawm; the bass member of the shawm family
cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile
"They pelted each other with snowballs"
throw bombs at or attack with bombs
"The Americans bombed Dresden"
address with continuously or persistently, as if with a barrage
"The speaker was barraged by an angry audience"; "The governor was bombarded with requests to grant a pardon to the convicted killer"
direct high energy particles or radiation against
bombard(noun)To attack something with bombs, artillery shells or other missiles or projectiles.
bombard(verb)To attack something or someone by directing objects at them.
bombard(verb)To direct at a substance an intense stream of high-energy particles, usually sub-atomic or made of at most a few atoms.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
attack with bombs
Translations for bombard
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- бомба́рда, бомбарди́рамBulgarian
- bombardejarCatalan, Valencian
- bombarda, bombardovatCzech
- Bombarde, bombardieren, bastardGerman
- βομβάρδα, βομβαρδίζωGreek
- bombarde, bombarderFrench
- 浴びせる, 照射, 爆撃, 砲撃Japanese
- bekogelen, bombarderen, bombardeDutch
- bombarda, bombardearPortuguese
- бомба́рда, разбомби́ть, бомбарди́ровать, бомби́тьRussian
Get even more translations for bombard »
Find a translation for the bombard synonym in other languages:
Select another language: