bang, clap, eruption, blast, bam(noun)
a sudden very loud noise
flak, hit, belt, gonorrhoea, fringe, smash, blow, knock, bam, volcanic eruption, fire, clap, strike, eruption, boot, attack, gonorrhea, smasher, outbreak, thrill, gust, charge, flack, flush, bang, bash, extravasation, rush, eructation, kick, irruption, good time, blast, clack
gonorrhea, gonorrhoea, clap(noun)
a common venereal disease caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae; symptoms are painful urination and pain around the urethra
a sharp abrupt noise as if two objects hit together; may be repeated
put quickly or forcibly
"The judge clapped him in jail"
cause to strike the air in flight
"The big bird clapped its wings"
applaud, clap, spat, acclaim(verb)
clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
clap one's hands together
"The children were clapping to the music"
strike the air in flight
"the wings of the birds clapped loudly"
strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise
"clap two boards together"
clap(2)(Yorkshire dialect) A dropping of cow dung (presumably from the sound made as it hits the ground) \uE00098284\uE001
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for clap
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- аплодирам, пляскам, трясък, ръкопляскане, тряскам, скалъпвам, хлопвам, ръкопляскам, хлопване, пляскане, триперBulgarian
- aplaudiment, aplaudir, fer mans balletesCatalan, Valencian
- zusammenbasteln, Knall, knallen, klatschen, improvisieren, Schlag, Tripper, applaudierenGerman
- taputtaa, tippuriFinnish
- applaudir, chtouille, chaude-pisseFrench
- מחא כפייםHebrew
- ताली बजानाHindi
- 拍手, 手を叩くJapanese
- چهپڵه لێدانKurdish
- druiper, applaudisseren, klappenDutch
- klaskać, klaskPolish
- aplaudir, estouro, palma, bater palmasPortuguese
- хлопать, рукоплескание, хлопнуть, хлопок, аплодировать, гонореяRussian
Get even more translations for clap »
Find a translation for the clap synonym in other languages:
Select another language: