not open or affording passage or access
"the many closed streets made travel difficult"; "our neighbors peeped from behind closed curtains"
(set theory) of an interval that contains both its endpoints
shut, unopen, closed(adj)
"the door slammed shut"
used especially of mouth or eyes
"he sat quietly with closed eyes"; "his eyes were shut against the sunlight"
requiring union membership
"a closed shop"
with shutters closed
not open to the general public
"a closed meeting"
not having an open mind
"a closed mind unreceptive to new ideas"
closed, closed in(p)(adj)
blocked against entry
"a closed porch"
List of paraphrases:
private, closed-door, closure, deprived, enclosed, locked, shut, close, concluded, sealed, clos, ended, closing, closed-type, suspended, fenced, p.mclosed, completed, closed-ended, closes, terminated, classified, a.mclosed, latched, closures, close-ended
Translations for closed
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- зачы́нены, закры́тыBelarusian
- затворен, ограниченBulgarian
- tancatCatalan, Valencian
- uzavřený, zavřenýCzech
- geschlossen, abgeschlossen, öffentlich, nichtGerman
- kinnine, salajane, suletudEstonian
- بسته, تعطیلPersian
- kiinni, suljettu, salainenFinnish
- fermé, privéFrench
- סגור, סגורהHebrew
- zárva, zártHungarian
- 準備中, 閉めるJapanese
- afgesloten, dicht, toe, geslotenDutch
- zamknięty, domkniętyPolish
- privat, închisRomanian
- закрытый, ограниченный, замкнутыйRussian
- sluten, stängdSwedish
- за́мкнений, закри́тий, зачи́ненийUkrainian
Get even more translations for closed »
Find a translation for the closed synonym in other languages:
Select another language: