a sophisticated person who has travelled in many countries
cosmopolitan, widely distributed(adj)
growing or occurring in many parts of the world
"a cosmopolitan herb"; "cosmopolitan in distribution"
composed of people from or at home in many parts of the world; especially not provincial in attitudes or interests
"his cosmopolitan benevolence impartially extended to all races and to all creeds"- T.B. Macaulay; "the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt"; "that queer, cosmopolitan, rather sinister crowd found around the Marseilles docks"
cosmopolitan, ecumenical, oecumenical, general, universal, worldwide, world-wide(adj)
of worldwide scope or applicability
"an issue of cosmopolitan import"; "the shrewdest political and ecumenical comment of our time"- Christopher Morley; "universal experience"
Translations for cosmopolitan
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- космополитен, широко разпространен, космополитBulgarian
- cosmopolitaCatalan, Valencian
- weltbürgerlich, kosmopolitischGerman
- os-nàiseantaScottish Gaelic
- kozmopolita, világpolgárHungarian
- kosmopolityczny, kosmopolitaPolish
- космополитический, космополит, космополитичныйRussian
Get even more translations for cosmopolitan »
Find a translation for the cosmopolitan synonym in other languages:
Select another language: