that which is deserved or owed
"give the devil his due"
a payment that is due (e.g., as the price of membership)
"the society dropped him for non-payment of dues"
owed and payable immediately or on demand
"payment is due"
scheduled to arrive
"the train is due in 15 minutes"
suitable to or expected in the circumstances
"all due respect"; "due cause to honor them"; "a long due promotion"; "in due course"; "due esteem"; "exercising due care"
ascribable, due, imputable, referable(adverb)
capable of being assigned or credited to
"punctuation errors ascribable to careless proofreading"; "the cancellation of the concert was due to the rain"; "the oversight was not imputable to him"
directly or exactly; straight
"went due North"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
owing, attributable, because, duly, proper, appropriate, payable, owed, thanks, cause, maturity, properly, adequate, expiry, expiration, attributed, expected, chargeable, given, suitable, appropriately, adequately
Drug use evaluation
Translations for due
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- право, дължим, полагаемо, дължимоBulgarian
- mérito, salir de cuentasSpanish
- asiaankuuluva, erääntyvä, asianmukainen, tulollaan, myöhässä, suoraan, erääntynyt, odotettavissa, tunnustus, laskettu aika, maksettava, mukaanFinnish
- due, dûFrench
- inbheach, còirScottish Gaelic
- spodziewany, należnyPolish
- exatamente, devidoPortuguese
- [[подлежать, ожидаемый, точно, должный, подобать, прямо, причитаться, надлежатьRussian
Get even more translations for due »
Find a translation for the due synonym in other languages:
Select another language: