English Synonyms and Antonyms
To caress is less than to embrace; more dignified and less familiar than to fondle. A visitor caresses a friend's child; a mother fondles her babe. Fondling is always by touch; caressing may be also by words, or other tender and pleasing attentions.
See synonyms for AFFRONT.
Caressed by or with the hand; caressed by admirers, at court.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for fondle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ربت, لاطفArabic
- галя, милвамBulgarian
- acaronar, acariciarCatalan, Valencian
- liebkosen, kosenGerman
- hyväillä, kosketellaFinnish
- accarezzare, avvinghiarsiItalian
- かわいがる, 愛撫Japanese
- dezmierda, mângâiaRomanian
- ласкать, тискать, гладитьRussian
- ledhatoj, përkëdhelAlbanian
Get even more translations for fondle »
Find a translation for the fondle synonym in other languages:
Select another language: