Synonyms for sampleˈsæm pəl, ˈsɑm-
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term sample
a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
sample distribution, sample, sampling(noun)
items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
all or part of a natural object that is collected and preserved as an example of its class
sample, try, try out, taste(verb)
take a sample of
sample(noun)To make or show something similar to; to match.
sample(noun)To take or to test a sample or samples of; as, to sample sugar, teas, wool, cloth.
sample(noun)To reduce a continuous signal (such as a sound wave) to a discrete signal.
sample(verb)To reuse a portion of (an existing sound recording) in a new song.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A sample is a portion taken at random out of a quantity supposed to be homogeneous, so that the qualities found in the sample may reasonably be expected to be found in the whole; as, a sample of sugar; a sample of cloth. A specimen is one unit of a series, or a fragment of a mass, all of which is supposed to possess the same essential qualities; as, a specimen of coinage, or of architecture, or a specimen of quartz. No other unit or portion may be exactly like the specimen, while all the rest is supposed to be exactly like the sample. An instance is a sample or specimen of action. Compare EXAMPLE.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for sample
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- mostra, tastCatalan, Valencian
- vzorek, vzorkovatCzech
- probieren, Probe, Muster, kostenGerman
- δείγμα, δειγματίζωGreek
- prov-ekzemplero, specimenoEsperanto
- ejemplar, muestra, samplear, pruebaSpanish
- نمونه, اشانتیونPersian
- [[tehdä]] [[samanlainen]], näyte, sämplätä, otos, [[näyttää]] samanlainen, maistiainen, [[ottaa]] [[näyte]], [[ottaa]] [[näytteitä]]Finnish
- échantillon, échantillonner, extrait, goûter, exempleFrench
- sampallScottish Gaelic
- echantiyonHaitian Creole
- campione, assaggioItalian
- サンプル, 試す, 見本Japanese
- prøve, sample, eksempel, ta prøve avNorwegian
- экземпляр, пробовать, проба, попробовать, образецRussian
- varuprov, gratisprov, provbit, försmak, stickprov, smakprov, provsmakning, urval, prov, smakbitSwedish
- örnek, örneklemTurkish
Get even more translations for sample »
Find a translation for the sample synonym in other languages:
Select another language: