Synonyms for serviceˈsɜr vɪs
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms and similiar words for the term service
work done by one person or group that benefits another
an act of help or assistance
service, religious service, divine service(noun)
the act of public worship following prescribed rules
a company or agency that performs a public service; subject to government regulation
employment in or work for another
military service, armed service, service(noun)
a force that is a branch of the armed forces
Service, Robert William Service(noun)
Canadian writer (born in England) who wrote about life in the Yukon Territory (1874-1958)
avail, help, service(noun)
a means of serving
serve, servicing, religious service, assist, serving, supporter, aid, overhaul, avail, assistance, inspection and repair, armed service, divine service, helper, table service, service, service of process, assistant, help, military service
service, table service(noun)
tableware consisting of a complete set of articles (silver or dishware) for use at table
the act of mating by male animals
(law) the acts performed by an English feudal tenant for the benefit of his lord which formed the consideration for the property granted to him
(sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play
service, serving, service of process(noun)
the act of delivering a writ or summons upon someone
divine service, help, portion, religious service, table service, helping, serving, serve, military service, service of process, avail, inspection and repair, overhaul, servicing, armed service, service
overhaul, inspection and repair, service(noun)
periodic maintenance on a car or machine
divine service, help, service, religious service, table service, serving, serve, renovation, military service, service of process, avail, inspection and repair, overhaul, redevelopment, armed service, servicing
the performance of duties by a waiter or servant
be used by; as of a utility
make fit for use
service(noun)A taxi shared among unrelated passengers, each of whom pays part of the fare; often, it has a fixed route between cities.
service(noun)To perform maintenance.
service(noun)To perform a sexual act.
service(noun)The state of being subordinate to or employed by an individual or group
service(noun)A set of dishes or utensils.
service(noun)The act of initially starting, or serving, the ball in play in tennis, volleyball, and other games.
service(noun)A religious rite or ritual.
service(noun)The serving, or delivery, of a summons or writ.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The returns or receipts include all that is received from an outlay or investment; the profit is the excess (if any) of the receipts over the outlay; hence, in government, morals, etc., the profit is what is really good, helpful, useful, valuable. Utility is chiefly used in the sense of some immediate or personal and generally some material good. Advantage is that which gives one a vantage-ground, either for coping with competitors or with difficulties, needs, or demands; as to have the advantage of a good education; it is frequently used of what one has beyond another or secures at the expense of another; as, to have the advantage of another in an argument, or to take advantage of another in a bargain. Gain is what one secures beyond what he previously possessed. Benefit is anything that does one good. Emolument is profit, return, or value accruing through official position. Expediency has respect to profit or advantage, real or supposed, considered apart from or perhaps in opposition to right, in actions having a moral character. Compare UTILITY.
The profit of labor; on capital; in business.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for service
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- servei, servirCatalan, Valencian
- podání, služba, bohoslužba, práceCzech
- Dienstleistung, Wehrdienst, Service, Gottesdienst, Aufschlag, Angabe, Dienst, bedienen, wartenGerman
- servicio, saque, servirSpanish
- teenistus, teenus, jumalateenistus, serviis, teenindama, hooldamaEstonian
- خدمت, سرویس, خدمت کردنPersian
- alaisuus, astiasto, asepalvelus, jumalanpalvelus, palvelus, palvelu, aloitussyöttö, reittitaksi, syöttö, tuomion lukeminen, huoltaa, palvellaFinnish
- service, servir, maintenirFrench
- seirbheisScottish Gaelic
- सेवा, सर्विसHindi
- szerva, szolgáltatás, szolgálat, adogatás, szerviz, készlet, szervizelHungarian
- սպասք, ծառայություն, ծառայումArmenian
- jawa, dinas, layananIndonesian
- 務め, サービスJapanese
- 용역, 서비스, 복무, 봉사Korean
- ratonga, whakaekeekeMāori
- perkhidmatan, servis, khidmatMalay
- eredienst, bediening, dienstDutch
- tenesteNorwegian Nynorsk
- usługa, służba, serwis, usługiwaniePolish
- serviço, [[fazer]] ([[a]]) [[manutenção]], servirPortuguese
- служба, сервис, сервиз, молебен, подача, обслуживаниеRussian
- служба, servis, služba, сервисSerbo-Croatian
- služba, obsluhaSlovak
- tjänst, gudstjänst, delgivningSwedish
- huduma, hudumiaSwahili
- armiye türiUyghur, Uighur
- cây thanh lương tràVietnamese
Get even more translations for service »
Find a translation for the service synonym in other languages:
Select another language: