sol, soh, so(adverb)
the syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization
to a very great extent or degree
"the idea is so obvious"; "never been so happy"; "I love you so"; "my head aches so!"
in a manner that facilitates
"he observed the snakes so he could describe their behavior"; "he stooped down so he could pick up his hat"
in such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied
"They're happy and I hope they will remain so"; "so live your life that old age will bring no regrets"
to a certain unspecified extent or degree
"I can only go so far with this student"; "can do only so much in a day"
in the same way; also
"I was offended and so was he"; "worked hard and so did she"
thus, thusly, so(adverb)
in the way indicated
"hold the brush so"; "set up the pieces thus"; (`thusly' is a nonstandard variant)
(usually followed by `that') to an extent or degree as expressed
"he was so tired he could hardly stand"; "so dirty that it smells"
then, so, and so, and then(adverb)
subsequently or soon afterward (often used as sentence connectors)
"then he left"; "go left first, then right"; "first came lightning, then thunder"; "we watched the late movie and then went to bed"; "and so home and to bed"
therefore, hence, thence, thus, so(adverb)
(used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
"therefore X must be true"; "the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory"; "we were young and thence optimistic"; "it is late and thus we must go"; "the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted"
in truth (often tends to intensify)
"they said the car would break down and indeed it did"; "it is very cold indeed"; "was indeed grateful"; "indeed, the rain may still come"; "he did so do it!"
so(adverb)A Mon-Khmer-speaking people of Laos and Thailand.
so(adverb)Shortened form of So what?
so(adverb)Provided that; on condition that, as long as.
Translations for SO
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ف, يعني, لذاArabic
- tan, així, perquè, això, doncs, açò, així queCatalan, Valencian
- tak, takhle, takto, abyCzech
- sådan, såDanish
- so, sehr, sodass, also, damit, [[um]] ... [[zu]]German
- τόσο, έτσι, [[για]] [[να]], λοιπόν, [[γιαGreek
- tiel, tre, tiom, por keEsperanto
- tan, así, pues, así queSpanish
- niin, tosi, niinpä, jotta, jotenFinnish
- ainsi, si, tellement, comme ça, aussi, vraiment, alors, donc, afin que, le, pour queFrench
- cho, mar sinScottish Gaelic
- इतना, ऐसा, तोHindi
- annyira, úgy, olyan, hogy, ígyHungarian
- այնքան, ուստիArmenian
- tanto, così, veramente, allora, perché, affinchéItalian
- そう, この[[よう]]に, [[それ]]ほど, こんな, とても, だから, ため, では, じゃJapanese
- 매우, 그렇게, 너무, 그래서, 위해, 그래, 으로Korean
- tam, sic, ergoLatin
- -nya, sangat, agar, supaya, jadiMalay
- zo, zodanig, zodat, zodoende, dusDutch
- slik, såNorwegian
- tak, abyPolish
- چې, نوPashto, Pushto
- tão, assim, para que, e aí, entãoPortuguese
- atât, așa, deci, așadarRomanian
- так, о́чень, поэ́тому, тако́й, и, та́к что, что́бы, ита́кRussian
- tàkō, та̀ко̄Serbo-Croatian
- takto, takSlovak
- اتنا, توUrdu
- như vậy, vậyVietnamese
- si, come çoula, si télmint, inla, insi, come çaWalloon
Get even more translations for SO »
Find a translation for the SO synonym in other languages:
Select another language: