attach to, accompany, come with, go with(verb)
be present or associated with an event or entity
"French fries come with the hamburger"; "heart attacks are accompanied by distruction of heart tissue"; "fish usually goes with white wine"; "this kind of vein accompanies certain arteries"
go or travel along with
"The nurse accompanied the old lady everywhere"
play along, accompany, follow(verb)
perform an accompaniment to
"The orchestra could barely follow the frequent pitch changes of the soprano"
conform to, company, play along, espouse, go along, travel along, keep an eye on, come with, fall out, adopt, survey, comply, come after, abide by, be, companion, watch over, pursue, take after, keep up, go with, watch, keep abreast, follow, keep company, attach to, stick to, observe, surveil, succeed, accompany, come, postdate, trace, stick with
company, companion, accompany, keep company(verb)
be a companion to somebody
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Anything that comes after or goes after another, either in space or in time, is said to follow it. A servant follows or attends his master; a victorious general may follow the retiring enemy merely to watch and hold him in check; he chases or pursues with intent to overtake and attack; the chase is closer and hotter than the pursuit. (Compare synonyms for HUNT.) One event may follow another either with or without special connection; if it ensues, there is some orderly connection; as, the ensuing year; if it results from another, there is some relation of effect, consequence, or inference. A clerk observes his employer's directions. A child obeys his parent's commands, follows or copies his example, imitates his speech and manners. The compositor follows copy; the incoming succeeds the outgoing official.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for accompany
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- придружавам, съпровождамBulgarian
- acompanyarCatalan, Valencian
- ledsage, gelejdeDanish
- begleiten, geleitenGerman
- akompani, kunestiEsperanto
- همراهی کردن, همنوازی کردنPersian
- säestää, jonkun, pitää seuraa, kanssa, seuralainen, olla seurana, ollaFinnish
- ուղեկցել, նվագակցելArmenian
- 付き合う, 連れ立つJapanese
- begeleiden, samenwerken, samenwonen, samensluiten, vergezellenDutch
- acompanhar, fazer companhiaPortuguese
- acompania, însoți, a însoțiRomanian
- аккомпанировать, сопроводить, сопровождать, сожительствовать, сопутствоватьRussian
- slå följe med, ackompanjera, göra sällskap medSwedish
Get even more translations for accompany »
Find a translation for the accompany synonym in other languages:
Select another language: