aid, assistance, help(noun)
"visual aids in teaching"
aid, assist, assistance, help(noun)
the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
"he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
aid, economic aid, financial aid(noun)
money to support a worthy person or cause
care, attention, aid, tending(verb)
the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something
"no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
assist, attending, financial aid, aid, tending, upkeep, assistance, precaution, forethought, caution, concern, help, charge, economic aid, tutelage, guardianship, maintenance, attention, care, fear
help, assist, aid(verb)
give help or assistance; be of service
"Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
improve the condition of
"These pills will help the patient"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Abet and instigate are now used almost without exception in a bad sense; one may incite either to good or evil. One incites or instigates to the doing of something not yet done, or to increased activity or further advance in the doing of it; one abets by giving sympathy, countenance, or substantial aid to the doing of that which is already projected or in process of commission. Abet and instigate apply either to persons or actions, incite to persons only; one incites a person to an action. A clergyman will advocate the claims of justice, aid the poor, encourage the despondent, support the weak, uphold the constituted authorities; but he will not incite to a quarrel, instigate a riot, or abet a crime. The originator of a crime often instigates or incites others to abet him in it, or one may instigate or incite others to a crime in the commission of which he himself takes no active part. Compare HELP.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for aid
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- памагчы, памагацьBelarusian
- помощ, помощник, подпомагам, помагамBulgarian
- pomoc, pomáhat, pomůcka, asistovat, napomáhatCzech
- bistand, bistå, hjælpe, hjælper, hjælp, hjælpemiddelDanish
- Hilfe, Helfer, helfen, HilfsmittelGerman
- ayudar, ayudante, auxilio, recurso, remedio, ayuda, asistenteSpanish
- auttaa, apuFinnish
- aide, aiderFrench
- cúnamh, cuidiú, cabhairIrish
- օգնություն, օգնելArmenian
- aiutare, aiutante, aiutoItalian
- 助け, 助手, 支援, 援助, 補助Japanese
- auxilium, iuvareLatin
- hulpje, hulp, assistent, aide, hulpmiddel, bijstand, bijstaan, helpen, bede, helperDutch
- hjelpemiddelNorwegian Nynorsk
- auxílio, ajuda, auxiliar, ajudar, ajudante, socorroPortuguese
- ajuta, ajutorRomanian
- viện trợVietnamese
Get even more translations for aid »
Find a translation for the aid synonym in other languages:
Select another language: