application, practical application(noun)
the act of bringing something to bear; using it for a particular purpose
"he advocated the application of statistics to the problem"; "a novel application of electronics to medical diagnosis"
a verbal or written request for assistance or employment or admission to a school
"December 31 is the deadline for applications"
application, coating, covering(noun)
the work of applying something
"the doctor prescribed a topical application of iodine"; "a complete bleach requires several applications"; "the surface was ready for a coating of paint";
application, application program, applications programme(noun)
a program that gives a computer instructions that provide the user with tools to accomplish a task
"he has tried several different word processing applications"
liquid preparation having a soothing or antiseptic or medicinal action when applied to the skin
"a lotion for dry skin"
a diligent effort
"it is a job requiring serious application"
the action of putting something into operation
"the application of maximum thrust"; "massage has far-reaching medical applications"; "the application of indexes to tables of data"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Exercise, in the ordinary sense, is the easy natural action of any power; exertion is the putting of any power to strain and tax. An exercise-drive for a horse is so much as will develop strength and health and not appreciably weary. But by qualifying adjectives we may bring exercise up to the full sense of exertion; as, violent exercise. Exercise is action taken at any time with a view to employing, maintaining, or increasing power, or merely for enjoyment; practise is systematic exercise with a view to the acquirement of facility and skill in some pursuit; a person takes a walk for exercise, or takes time for practise on the piano. Practise is also used of putting into action and effect what one has learned or holds as a theory; as, the practise of law or medicine; a profession of religion is good, but the practise of it is better. Drill is systematic, rigorous, and commonly enforced practise under a teacher or commander. Compare HABIT.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
implementation, request, applications, demand, requests, asks, claim, enforcement, candidature, implementing, apply, requisition, applying, applied, calls, asked, candidacy, implement, applicability, accordance, requested, use, demande, pursuance, ask, 'application, applicable, petition, compliance, submission, demands, bid, applicazione, anwendung, motion, apps, requesting, nomination, asking, purposes, implemented, operation
Informatics Application software, computer application
Translations for application
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- употреба, приложмост, заявление, приложение, молбаBulgarian
- Anwendung, AntragGerman
- εφαρμογή, αίτηση, χρήση, πρόγραμμαGreek
- solicitud, aplicaciónSpanish
- taotlus, rakendusEstonian
- sovellus, hakemus, menetelmä, soveltaminen, sivellä, käyttö, levittää, anomusFinnish
- application, demande, programme, candidatureFrench
- iarrtas, cleachdadhScottish Gaelic
- יישום, בקשה, תכנה, אפליקציהHebrew
- rávitel, kérvény, bevonás, alkalmazás, jelentkezésHungarian
- umsókn, forrit, tölvuforritIcelandic
- アプリケーション, 応募, 出願Japanese
- 응용, 애플리케이션Korean
- aanvraag, toepassing, aanschrijven, softwarepakket, aanbrengen, computerprogramma, applicatieDutch
- applikasjon, søknad, programNorwegian
- aplicação, aplicativo, candidatura, inscriçãoPortuguese
- aplicație, aplicare, aplicație computericăRomanian
- просьба, программа, прошение, приложение, заявление, применение, ходатайствоRussian
- applikation, programvaraSwedish
Get even more translations for application »
Find a translation for the application synonym in other languages:
Select another language: