art, fine art(noun)
the products of human creativity; works of art collectively
"an art exhibition"; "a fine collection of art"
art, artistic creation, artistic production(noun)
the creation of beautiful or significant things
"art does not need to be innovative to be good"; "I was never any good at art"; "he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully"
art, artistry, prowess(noun)
a superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation
"the art of conversation"; "it's quite an art"
artwork, art, graphics, nontextual matter(noun)
photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication
"the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A contrivance or device may be either good or bad. A cheat is a mean advantage in a bargain; a fraud, any form of covert robbery or injury. Imposture is a deceitful contrivance for securing charity, credit, or consideration. A stratagem or maneuver may be of the good against the bad, as it were a skilful movement of war. A wile is usually but not necessarily evil.
E'en children followed with endearing wile.
GoldsmithDeserted Village, l. 184.
A trick is often low, injurious, and malicious; we say a mean trick; the word is sometimes used playfully with less than its full meaning. A ruse or a blind may be quite innocent and harmless. An artifice is a carefully and delicately prepared contrivance for doing indirectly what one could not well do directly. A device is something studied out for promoting an end, as in a mechanism; the word is used of indirect action, often, but not necessarily directed to an evil, selfish, or injurious end. Finesse is especially subtle contrivance, delicate artifice, whether for good or evil. Compare FRAUD.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Anturane Reinfarction Trial
Translations for art
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- kuns, kunste, kunswerkAfrikaans
- فن, فنونArabic
- sənət, incəsənətAzerbaijani
- изку́ство, изкуство, умение, уме́ниеBulgarian
- Kunst, KunstwerkGerman
- επιτηδειότητα, τέχνηGreek
- taideteos, taide, taitoFinnish
- kúnst, listIcelandic
- arte, produzione artistica, disciplina umanisticaItalian
- アート, 芸術, 技術Japanese
- көркемөнер, өнерKazakh
- 예술, 藝術Korean
- чеберчилик, искусствоKyrgyz
- ars, artLatin
- KonschtLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- kónsLimburgish, Limburgan, Limburger
- ສິນ, ສິນລະປະLao
- ве́штина, уметност, у́метност, уметничко делоMacedonian
- kunst, kunstwerkDutch
- аивадOssetian, Ossetic
- arte, obra de arte, humanaPortuguese
- operă de artă, artă, lucrare de artăRomanian
- иску́сство, уме́ние, мастерство́Russian
- уметност, умјетност, umjetnost, umetnostSerbo-Croatian
- කලාවSinhala, Sinhalese
- konst, konstverkSwedish
- çeperçilik, sungatTurkmen
- 藝術, nghệ thuậtVietnamese
Get even more translations for art »
Find a translation for the art synonym in other languages:
Select another language: