boom, roar, roaring, thunder(noun)
a deep prolonged loud noise
thunder, microphone boom, nose drops, bellowing, bellow, scag, hollo, gravy, godsend, bonanza, holla, yowl, big H, hell dust, hollering, holler, gold rush, windfall, smack, manna from heaven, roar, bunce, roaring, boom, holloa, skag
a state of economic prosperity
boom, bonanza, gold rush, gravy, godsend, manna from heaven, windfall, bunce(noun)
a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money)
"the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
boom, microphone boom(noun)
a pole carrying an overhead microphone projected over a film or tv set
any of various more-or-less horizontal spars or poles used to extend the foot of a sail or for handling cargo or in mooring
make a resonant sound, like artillery
"His deep voice boomed through the hall"
smash, nail, boom, blast(verb)
"He smashed a 3-run homer"
boom out, cop, shoot, crush, bankrupt, complete, thunder, nail, nail down, pass with flying colors, smash, arrest, bang up, nab, din, smash up, ruin, boom, demolish, pillory, break, breeze through, ace, blare, sweep through, sail through, pinpoint, collar, apprehend, savage, peg, thrive, pick up, expand, flourish, crucify, blast, dash, knock down, shell
be the case that thunder is being heard
"Whenever it thunders, my dog crawls under the bed"
boom, boom out(verb)
make a deep hollow sound
"Her voice booms out the words of the song"
boom, thrive, flourish, expand(verb)
"The deer population in this town is thriving"; "business is booming"
elaborate, wave, fly high, expound, exposit, flourish, spread out, blast, amplify, lucubrate, blow up, thrive, din, extend, inflate, expatiate, nail, brandish, flesh out, dilate, thunder, boom, enlarge, prosper, expand, boom out, smash
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for boom
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- бумтеж, гик, бум, боботя, плаващ бараж, буча, бръмчене, стрела, разцветBulgarian
- boomCatalan, Valencian
- Dröhnen, Baum, Ausleger, Boom, AufschwungGerman
- bum, boom, retumbarSpanish
- jyristä, puomi, pamaus, korkeasuhdanneFinnish
- mat, boum, bôme, boomFrench
- bumaile, crann scóide, borradh, bum, borradh trádálaIrish
- pako, kotokotoMāori
- dreunen, hoogconjunctuur, donderen, boem, giek, hausseDutch
- grzmot, bom, boom, hukPolish
- estrondo, retranca, boom, estrondear, lança, ribombarPortuguese
- bubuit, avânt, detunătură, prosperitateRomanian
- подъём, гул, громыха́ть, рокота́ть, бон, расцвет, грохота́ть, стрела, бум, рокот, гуде́тьRussian
- länsa, bom, högkonjunktur, läns, hausse, boomSwedish
Get even more translations for boom »
Find a translation for the boom synonym in other languages:
Select another language: