reason, reason out, conclude(verb)
decide by reasoning; draw or come to a conclusion
"We reasoned that it was cheaper to rent than to buy a house"
bring to a close
"The committee concluded the meeting"
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation
come to a close
"The concert closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
reach agreement on
"They concluded an economic agreement"; "We concluded a cease-fire"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Strains of music may gradually or suddenly cease. A man quits work on the instant; he may discontinue a practise gradually; he quits suddenly and completely; he stops short in what he may or may not resume; he pauses in what he will probably resume. What intermits or is intermitted returns again, as a fever that intermits. Compare ABANDON; DIE; END; REST.
Cease from anger.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for conclude
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- свършвам, привършвамBulgarian
- concloureCatalan, Valencian
- dojít k závěruCzech
- entscheiden, schließen, beschließen, beenden, zu Ende führen, schlussfolgern, abschließen, folgernGerman
- نتیجه گرفتنPersian
- [[saattaa]] [[päätös, [[viedä]] [[loppuFinnish
- konkliHaitian Creole
- vézgődik, lezár, következtetésre jut, befejez, jut, befejeződikHungarian
- finire, concludereItalian
- 終える, 締め括る, 結ぶ, 結論Japanese
- concluderen, besluitenDutch
- conchide, încheia, concluzionaRomanian
- заключить, завершать, заканчивать, завершить, заключать, закончитьRussian
- kết luậnVietnamese
Get even more translations for conclude »
Find a translation for the conclude synonym in other languages:
Select another language: