overlap, convergence, intersection(noun)
a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena
"there was no overlap between their proposals"
the property of partial coincidence in time
a flap that lies over another part
"the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
coincide partially or wholly
"Our vacations overlap"
extend over and cover a part of
"The roofs of the houses overlap in this crowded city"
List of paraphrases:
overlapping, duplication, overlaps, overlay, thrusting, overlays, duplications, straddle, superposition, thrust, superimposition, intersect, cross-checking, duplicate, duplicative, piggy-back, overlapped, redundancy
Horizontal overlap--I think that horizontal overbite is correct, DC Dental school, trash other
Translations for overlap
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- επικαλύπτομαι, επικάλυψη, επικαλύπτωGreek
- traslapo, superposición, traslapar, solapo, solaparSpanish
- tar-iadhadhScottish Gaelic
- tumpang tindihIndonesian
- overlap, bedekken, overlappenDutch
- zachodzić na siebie, pokrywać sięPolish
- cobrir, sobreporPortuguese
- перекрывать, пересекаться, накрыватьRussian
Get even more translations for overlap »
Find a translation for the overlap synonym in other languages:
Select another language: