compensation (given or received) for an insult or injury
"an act for which there is no reparation"
(usually plural) compensation exacted from a defeated nation by the victors
"Germany was unable to pay the reparations demanded after World War I"
repair, fix, fixing, fixture, mend, mending, reparation(noun)
the act of putting something in working order again
darn, stamping ground, haunt, neutering, locating, hole, fastener, holdfast, fixedness, fix, fixation, jam, fixture, mend, localisation, hangout, fixing, location, mending, habitue, altering, amends, fastening, kettle of fish, fastness, resort, mess, repair, secureness, regular, localization, pickle, fixity, muddle, reparation, patch
something done or paid in expiation of a wrong
"how can I make amends"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for reparation
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- reparacióCatalan, Valencian
- Reparation, Entschädigung, WiedergutmachungGerman
- αποκατάσταση, επανόρθωση, επιδιόρθωσηGreek
- korvaus, korjaus, korjaaminenFinnish
- dìoladhScottish Gaelic
- 修復, 償い, 補償, 回復, 修理, 賠償Japanese
- herstel, reparatieDutch
- reparație, reparareRomanian
- репарация, компенсация, возмещениеRussian
Get even more translations for reparation »
Find a translation for the reparation synonym in other languages:
Select another language: