baseball club, ball club, club, nine(noun)
a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together
"each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
club, social club, society, guild, gild, lodge, order(noun)
a formal association of people with similar interests
"he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today"
guild, auberge, company, night club, parliamentary law, social club, decree, clubhouse, rules of order, society, fellowship, parliamentary procedure, club, high society, golf club, hunting lodge, bon ton, hostel, monastic order, fiat, cabaret, beau monde, orderliness, ball club, lodge, purchase order, rescript, nightclub, inn, baseball club, edict, nine, hostelry, order of magnitude, indian lodge, gild, smart set, ordination, golf-club, nightspot, order, ordering, companionship
stout stick that is larger at one end
"he carried a club in self defense"; "he felt as if he had been hit with a club"
a building that is occupied by a social club
"the clubhouse needed a new roof"
golf club, golf-club, club(noun)
golf equipment used by a golfer to hit a golf ball
a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more black trefoils on it
"he led a small club"; "clubs were trumps"
cabaret, nightclub, night club, club, nightspot(verb)
a spot that is open late at night and that provides entertainment (as singers or dancers) as well as dancing and food and drink
"don't expect a good meal at a cabaret"; "the gossip columnist got his information by visiting nightclubs every night"; "he played the drums at a jazz club"
unite with a common purpose
"The two men clubbed together"
gather and spend time together
"They always club together"
strike with a club or a bludgeon
gather into a club-like mass
club(noun)to hit with a club.
club(noun)to join together to form a group.
club(noun)To combine into a club-shaped mass.
club(noun)To go to nightclubs.
club(noun)An implement to hit the ball in some ballgames, e.g. golf.
club(noun)Any set of people with a shared characteristic.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
We speak of an alliance of nations, a club of pleasure-seekers, a community of Shakers, a company of soldiers or of friends, a confederacy, confederation, federation, or union of separate states under one general government, a partnership or company of business men, a conjunction of planets. The whole body of Freemasons constitute a fraternity; one of their local organizations is called a lodge. A corporation or company is formed for purposes of business; an association or society (tho also incorporated) is for learning, literature, benevolence, religion, etc. Compare ASSOCIATE; ACQUAINTANCE; FRIENDSHIP.
alliance, association, community, companionship, company, confederacy, confederation, conjunction, connection, corporation, familiarity, federation, fellowship, fraternity, friendship, lodge, participation, partnership, society, union
An association of scholars for the advancement of knowledge; association with the good is ennobling.
a number of people who gather regularly to share their experiences and ideas with each other.
the parea organized their meeting during the sunset at the beach.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for club
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- nagklub, klub, klawer, knuppel, donner, slaan, neekAfrikaans
- النادي الليلي, النادي, هراوة, نادٍ ليلي, نادٍ, سباتيArabic
- тояга, палка, спатия, трефа, клуб, сопаBulgarian
- bastó, trèvol, club, bastonejarCatalan, Valencian
- hůl, klub, klacek, obušek, kyj, kříž, spolekCzech
- kløver, klubDanish
- Schläger, Nachtlokal, Verein, Keule, Nachtklub, Klub, Bengel, Kreuz, zusammenlegen, schlagenGerman
- κλαμπ, λέσχη, σπαθί, ρόπαλοGreek
- trébol, club, bastón, discoteca, garrote, palo, garrotear, agrupar, apalearSpanish
- باشگاه, چماق, کلوب, خاج, باتونPersian
- kerho, maila, yökerho, risti, klubi, nuija, nuijiaFinnish
- boîte de nuit, club, bâton, trèfle, boîte, gourdin, bâtonnerFrench
- cròileanScottish Gaelic
- מועדון, מועדון לילה, תלתן, מחבט, אלה, חבטHebrew
- klub, ütő, nightclub, treff, szakkör, bunkóHungarian
- խաչ, ակումբ, գուրզ, լախտ, մահակArmenian
- clava, club, circolo, bastoneItalian
- 棍棒, クラブ, 倶楽部, ナイトクラブ, 棒Japanese
- 철퇴, 구락부, 클럽, 쇠몽둥이Korean
- kaşok, یانهKurdish
- sodālitās, fūstis, matiaLatin
- vāle, milnaLatvian
- klaveren, knuppel, club, slaan, neerknuppelenDutch
- klubbNorwegian Nynorsk
- kløver, klubbe, kølle, nattklubbNorwegian
- tsihał, báasdosNavajo, Navaho
- stowarzyszenie, trefl, maczuga, klub, kijPolish
- clube, taco, balada, paus, boate, clavaPortuguese
- крести, клуб, клюшка, дубина, бита, палица, дубинка, трефовая масть, трефа, ночной клуб, ударять, битьRussian
- клуб, klubSerbo-Croatian
- pálka, klubSlovak
- nattklubb, klubba, klubb, klöverSwedish
- klabu, rungu, pauSwahili
- kulüp, gece kulübü, sinekTurkish
- CLB, câu lạc bộVietnamese
- lustaf, klubVolapük
Get even more translations for club »
Find a translation for the club synonym in other languages:
Select another language: