couple, twosome, duo, duet(noun)
a pair who associate with one another
"the engaged couple"; "an inseparable twosome"
couple, mates, match(noun)
a pair of people who live together
"a married couple from Chicago"
a small indefinite number
"he's coming for a couple of days"
couple, pair, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad(noun)
two items of the same kind
pas de deux, duad, bitstock, bracing, orthodontic braces, coupling, bridge, yoke, pair, gallus, duet, dyad, twosome, couplet, match, mates, suspender, braces, straddle, brace, twain, duette, couple, span, duo, distich
(physics) something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
match, mate, couple, pair, twin(verb)
bring two objects, ideas, or people together
"This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
fit, parallel, match, play off, touch, duplicate, gibe, equate, copulate, pair, couple on, checkmate, meet, agree, partner off, equal, check, pit, equalize, cope with, tally, rival, geminate, mate, pair off, couple, correspond, equalise, couple up, oppose, twin, jibe
couple, couple on, couple up(verb)
"can we couple these proposals?"
pair, pair off, partner off, couple(verb)
form a pair or pairs
"The two old friends paired off"
copulate, mate, pair, couple(verb)
engage in sexual intercourse
"Birds mate in the Spring"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for couple
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- двойка, свързвам, чифт, съединявамBulgarian
- parellaCatalan, Valencian
- Paar, einige, ein [[paar]]German
- [[kelkaj]]..., geedzo, paroEsperanto
- unos, pareja, acoplar, par, un [[par]] deSpanish
- pari, pariskuntaFinnish
- époux, paire, [[deux ou trois]]..., quelques, coupleFrench
- cúpla, ordphéireIrish
- dithis, càraidScottish Gaelic
- חיבר, איחד, מעט, זוגHebrew
- kuplar, paro, duoIdo
- coppia, paio, agganciareItalian
- 偶力, 電対, 一対, 二つ, カップル, 二人, 対, ペア, 二、三Japanese
- 두셋, 두Korean
- duo, koppel, paar, stel, koppelen, tweetalDutch
- alguns, acoplar, poucos, casal, dupla, parPortuguese
- cuplu, pereche, cuplaRomanian
- пара, полюс, чета, двоеRussian
- koppla, pol, par, ett [[par]]Swedish
- Vợ chồngVietnamese
Get even more translations for couple »
Find a translation for the couple synonym in other languages:
Select another language: