Synonyms for agreeəˈgri
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms and similiar words for the term agree
agree, hold, concur, concord(verb)
be in accord; be in agreement
accommodate, consort, book, retain, bear, moderate, view as, support, apply, hold back, concur, defend, harbour, bind, arrest, take hold, hold up, match, fit, take, have, concord, coincide, keep, withstand, make, take for, go for, throw, defy, control, accord, harbor, deem, obligate, carry, give, adjudge, entertain, nurse, oblige, harmonise, curb, hold, confine, have got, fit in, gibe, restrain, tally, harmonize, agree, hold in, halt, correspond, maintain, guard, jibe, contain, keep back, sustain, prevail, reserve, admit, obtain, declare, check
consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree(verb)
be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
equate, ensure, hold in, hit, couple, jibe, accord, consort, tick off, fit, gibe, concur, chequer, hold, moderate, learn, checker, total, mark off, add, add up, twin, go, cope with, condition, assure, scoff, tick, tot, tally, harmonize, suss out, check off, check over, add together, accommodate, match, check up on, control, look into, ascertain, mate, mark, insure, change course, flout, tote up, go over, train, check, hold back, rival, harmonise, equalize, meet, pair, suit, tot up, jib, find out, see, discipline, equalise, sum up, equal, correspond, score, curb, concord, summate, gybe, arrest, stand for, check into, play off, contain, oppose, outfit, conform to, represent, determine, sum, stop, retard, crack, turn back, watch, chalk up, equip, see to it, break, touch, fit in, check out, barrack, rack up, jeer, fit out, agree, pit, delay
harmonize, harmonise, consort, accord, concord, fit in, agree(verb)
assort, harmonize, grant, accord, consort, gibe, fit, fit in, hold, agree, check, affiliate, match, concord, run, tally, correspond, jibe, associate, reconcile, chord, allot, harmonise, concur
show grammatical agreement
be agreeable or suitable
achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
agree(verb)To harmonize in opinion, statement, or action; to be in unison or concord; to be or become united or consistent; to concur.
agree(verb)To yield assent; to accede;\uE000106313\uE001followed by to.
agree(verb)To yield assent to; to approve.
agree(verb)To make a stipulation by way of settling differences or determining a price; to exchange promises; to come to terms or to a common resolve; to promise.
agree(verb)To be conformable; to resemble; to coincide; to correspond.
agree(verb)To suit or be adapted in its effects; to do well.
agree(verb)To correspond to in gender, number, case, or person.
agree(verb)To consent to a contract or to an element of a contract.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Agree is the most general term of this group, signifying to have like qualities, proportions, views, or inclinations, so as to be free from jar, conflict, or contradiction in a given relation. To concur is to agree in general; to coincide is to agree in every particular. Whether in application to persons or things, concur tends to expression in action more than coincide; we may either concur or coincide in an opinion, but concur in a decision; views coincide, causes concur. One accepts another's terms, complies with his wishes, admits his statement, approves his plan, conforms to his views of doctrine or duty, accedes or consents to his proposal. Accede expresses the more formal agreement, consent the more complete. To assent is an act of the understanding; to consent, of the will. We may concur or agree with others, either in opinion or decision. One may silently acquiesce in that which does not meet his views, but which he does not care to contest. He admits the charge brought, or the statement made, by another — admit always carrying a suggestion of reluctance. Assent is sometimes used for a mild form of consent, as if agreement in the opinion assured approval of the decision.
I agree in opinion with the speaker; to the terms proposed; persons agree on or upon a statement of principles, rules, etc.; we must agree among ourselves.
List of paraphrases:
Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation in Europe
Translations for agree
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- وافق, يوافقArabic
- згаджацца, згадзіццаBelarusian
- съответствам, съгласявам се, съгласен съм, съгласувам, хармонирам, съгласявам, договарямBulgarian
- shodovat, souhlasit, dohodnout, vyhovovatCzech
- være enig, stemme overens, overensstemme, rette sig efterDanish
- annehmen, sich verständigen, zustimmen, einverstanden sein, akzeptieren, kongruierenGerman
- [[estar]] [[de acuerdo]], coincidir, concordar, acceder, asentir, acordarSpanish
- موافق بودنPersian
- yhtä mieltä, yksimielinen, vastata, olla, sopia, hyväksyäFinnish
- consentir, accorder, être d'accordFrench
- aontaich, co-aontaich, freagair a chèile, còrd riScottish Gaelic
- egyetért, egyeztetHungarian
- համաձայնել, համաձայնվելArmenian
- berjanji, menyetujuiIndonesian
- essere d'accordo, accordarsi, corrispondere, concordareItalian
- 同意, 同じる, 一致, 賛成Japanese
- 동의하다, 약속하다, 일치하다, 同意, 합의하다Korean
- concordo, convenio, agreeLatin
- zgodzić się, zgadzać sięPolish
- estar de acordo, concordar, aceitarPortuguese
- añikuy, allipunakuyQuechua
- согласиться, соглашаться, [[приходить]] [[к]] [[согласие, [[достигать]] [[соглашениеRussian
- сагласити, saglasitiSerbo-Croatian
- súhlasiť, zhodovaťSlovak
- jam dakordAlbanian
- hålla medSwedish
- onaylamak, anlaşmak, katılmak, kabul etmekTurkish
- погоджуватися, зго́дитися, погодитися, зго́джуватисяUkrainian
- đồng ý, 同意Vietnamese
Get even more translations for agree »
Find a translation for the agree synonym in other languages:
Select another language: