goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring(noun)
a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something
"the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
a pointed instrument that is used to prod into a state of motion
nudge, poke at, prod(verb)
to push against gently
"She nudged my elbow when she saw her friend enter the restaurant"
prod, incite, egg on(verb)
urge on; cause to act
"The other children egged the boy on, but he did not want to throw the stone through the window"
jab, prod, stab, poke, dig(verb)
poke or thrust abruptly
"he jabbed his finger into her ribs"
compass, nose, incite, toil, pry, grind, dig, drudge, moil, dig up, jab, poke, horn in, delve, nudge, grasp, prod, egg on, thump, cut into, knife, travail, labour, get the picture, hollow, stab, apprehend, pound, comprehend, turn over, excavate, savvy, labor, grok, intrude, poke at, dig out
Translations for prod
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- ermutigen, stoßen, anspornenGerman
- picana, aguijar, garrocha, aguijadaSpanish
- sähköpiiska, piiskaFinnish
- tâter, encourager, pousserFrench
- stobScottish Gaelic
- stimolare, spronare, picca, pungolare, incoraggiareItalian
- 突く, 突き刺すJapanese
- porren, aanmoedigen, duwenDutch
- толкать, тыкать, подгонять, подстрекать, побуждать, колотьRussian
- sticka, fösare, elfösareSwedish
Get even more translations for prod »
Find a translation for the prod synonym in other languages:
Select another language: