guerrilla, guerilla, irregular, insurgent(noun)
a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
merchandise that has imperfections; usually sold at a reduced price without the brand name
contrary to rule or accepted order or general practice
"irregular hiring practices"
not occurring at expected times
(used of the military) not belonging to or engaged in by regular army forces
"irregular troops"; "irregular warfare"
(of solids) not having clear dimensions that can be measured; volume must be determined with the principle of liquid displacement
falling below the manufacturer's standard
deviating from normal expectations; somewhat odd, strange, or abnormal
"these days large families are atypical"; "atypical clinical findings"; "atypical pneumonia"; "highly irregular behavior"
lacking continuity or regularity
"an irregular worker"; "employed on a temporary basis"
(of a surface or shape); not level or flat or symmetrical
"walking was difficult on the irregular cobblestoned surface"
irregular, maverick, unorthodox(adj)
independent in behavior or thought
"she led a somewhat irregular private life"; "maverick politicians"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Translations for irregular
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- irregularCatalan, Valencian
- unregelmäßig, irregulärGerman
- αντικανονικός, άτακτος, ακανόνιστος, ανώμαλος, ασύμμετροςGreek
- säännötön, epäsäännöllinenFinnish
- 不規則, 変則的, 不揃い, 不同Japanese
- anomalus, inconditusLatin
- tipitaha, kōiheihe, tipihori, tipiroriMāori
- irregular, desigual, assimétricoPortuguese
- nereglementar, neregulat, iregularRomanian
- неправильный, нестандартныйRussian
Get even more translations for irregular »
Find a translation for the irregular synonym in other languages:
Select another language: