a small piece or quantity of something
"a spot of tea"; "a bit of paper"; "a bit of lint"; "I gave him a bit of my mind"
touch, billet, berth, blot, act, place, spot, piece, chip, routine, dapple, flake, snatch, post, second, topographic point, point, bit, position, smear, turn, mo, minute, fleck, smirch, slur, maculation, number, daub, speckle, smudge, morsel, scrap, moment, spotlight, situation, office, bite, stain, pip, patch
bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap(noun)
a small fragment of something broken off from the whole
"a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
fight, microchip, turn, fighting, maculation, act, spot, piece, eccentric, snowflake, combat, poker chip, bit, buffalo chip, flake, eccentric person, snatch, second, routine, chipping, splintering, mo, dapple, silicon chip, rubbish, minute, chip, fleck, potato chip, geek, microprocessor chip, number, speckle, oddball, morsel, scrap, micro chip, moment, bite, cow dung, trash, chip shot, crisp, cow chip, patch, check
moment, mo, minute, second, bit(noun)
an indefinitely short time
"wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
turn, molybdenum, act, spot, irregular, piece, endorsement, chip, bit, min, flake, snatch, arcminute, second gear, instant, second, minute of arc, routine, s, mo, minute, fleck, atomic number 42, sec, bite, secondment, number, second base, morsel, scrap, moment, hour, indorsement, here and now, import, consequence, present moment, arcsecond
an instance of some kind
"it was a nice piece of work"; "he had a bit of good luck"
chip, second, objet d'art, snatch, patch, man, composition, minute, moment, art object, morsel, flake, act, small-arm, number, part, turn, fleck, routine, spot, scrap, piece, while, mo, spell, piece of music, firearm, musical composition, slice, bit, bite, opus
piece of metal held in horse's mouth by reins and used to control the horse while riding
"the horse was not accustomed to a bit"
a unit of measurement of information (from binary + digit); the amount of information in a system having two equiprobable states
"there are 8 bits in a byte"
morsel, bit, bite(noun)
a small amount of solid food; a mouthful
"all they had left was a bit of bread"
chip, second, snack, raciness, fleck, routine, insect bite, morsel, flake, pungency, number, moment, chomp, sting, sharpness, mo, scrap, piece, act, snatch, bite, collation, spot, turn, bit, minute
a small fragment
"overheard snatches of their conversation"
act, routine, number, turn, bit(noun)
a short theatrical performance that is part of a longer program
"he did his act three times every evening"; "she had a catchy little routine"; "it was one of the best numbers he ever did"
turn, figure, routine, morsel, act, spot, piece, twist, turning, procedure, function, bit, flake, second, snatch, bend, subroutine, modus operandi, crook, turn of events, round, deed, mo, subprogram, tour, fleck, chip, go, telephone number, play, identification number, number, minute, phone number, spell, numeral, scrap, moment, human activity, good turn, bout, enactment, bite, issue, human action
the part of a key that enters a lock and lifts the tumblers
the cutting part of a drill; usually pointed and threaded and is replaceable in a brace or bitstock or drill press
"he looked around for the right size bit"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Binary DigIT Informatics
Translations for bit
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- късче, захапка, парче, частица, битBulgarian
- mos, poquet, micaCatalan, Valencian
- okamžik, vrták, chvilka, flastr, fréza, troška, dílek, udidlo, kousek, bitCzech
- Bisschen, Happen, Bohrer, Stückchen, Mundstück, Wenig, Gebiss, Stück, BitGerman
- στομίδα, δυφίο, μπιτGreek
- peco, bito, bitEsperanto
- broca, bocado, pocoSpanish
- osa, kakku, kuolain, palanen, pala, juttu, hetki, osanen, poranterä, bittiFinnish
- mors, peu, petit morceau, foret, bitFrench
- mìr, criomag, bìdeag, carScottish Gaelic
- bocado, freoGalician
- tvíundatölustafur, bitiIcelandic
- trapano, poco, punta, pezzettino, freno, ottavo di dollaro, pezzetto, punta di trapano, morso, pocaItalian
- 少々, ちょっと, 少し, ビットJapanese
- 재갈, 도막, 작은 조각, 약간, 12센트 반, 조금, 비트Korean
- көзөч, кесек, мүштөк, тилим, кесинди, ачкычтын урчугу, тешкич, үзүм, бөлүкчө, ооздук, тилке, чагым, бөлүк, бургу, кесим, мундштукKyrgyz
- žąslai, grąžtas, bitasLithuanian
- mutes dzelži, laužņi, bitsLatvian
- piti, inati, tiri, pīhi, niho, maramaraMāori
- џем, трошка, ѓем, парченце, парче, сврдел, битMacedonian
- hapje, bit, boortje, stuk, beetjeDutch
- bitt, bitNorwegian
- yáálNavajo, Navaho
- porcja, kawałek, wędzidłoPolish
- porção, pedaço, bocado, morso, verruma, bocal, broca, pua, bitPortuguese
- bucată, burghiu, frâuRomanian
- кусок, сверло, удила, битRussian
- košček, bitSlovene
- lite, bitSwedish
- ముక్క, బిట్టు, తునక, తుంపుTelugu
Get even more translations for bit »
Find a translation for the bit synonym in other languages:
Select another language: