dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat(noun)
something considered choice to eat
an occurrence that causes special pleasure or delight
treat, handle, do by(verb)
interact in a certain way
"Do right by her"; "Treat him with caution, please"; "Handle the press reporters gently"
subject to a process or treatment, with the aim of readying for some purpose, improving, or remedying a condition
"process cheese"; "process hair"; "treat the water so it can be drunk"; "treat the lawn with chemicals" ; "treat an oil spill"
treat, care for(verb)
provide treatment for
"The doctor treated my broken leg"; "The nurses cared for the bomb victims"; "The patient must be treated right away or she will die"; "Treat the infection with antibiotics"
cover, treat, handle, plow, deal, address(verb)
act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
"This book deals with incest"; "The course covered all of Western Civilization"; "The new book treats the history of China"
speak, overcompensate, extend, handle, cut through, deal, continue, comprehend, embrace, divvy up, spread over, grapple, cut across, apportion, encompass, consider, get over, process, lot, portion out, dole out, make do, plow, shroud, accost, insure, brood, wield, make out, share, do by, plough, hide, take, administer, sell, parcel out, compensate, cross, come up to, turn, report, traverse, underwrite, breed, dispense, overlay, dish out, pass over, contend, enshroud, direct, allot, care for, track, get by, address, wrap up, distribute, cover up, carry on, cope, turn to, incubate, mete out, regale, get across, look at, treat, shell out, care, hatch, manage, deal out, palm, cover, conduct, call, trade
provide with a gift or entertainment
"Grandmother always treated us to the circus"; "I like to treat myself to a day at a spa when I am depressed"
provide with choice or abundant food or drink
"Don't worry about the expensive wine--I'm treating"; "She treated her houseguests with good food every night"
engage in negotiations in order to reach an agreement
"they had to treat with the King"
regard or consider in a specific way
"I treated his advances as a joke"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
There are many acts that one may do, accomplish, or perform unaided; what he transacts is by means of or in association with others; one may do a duty, perform a vow, accomplish a task, but he transacts business, since that always involves the agency of others. To negotiate and to treat are likewise collective acts, but both these words lay stress upon deliberation with adjustment of mutual claims and interests; transact, while it may depend upon previous deliberation, states execution only. Notes, bills of exchange, loans, and treaties are said to be negotiated, the word so used covering not merely the preliminary consideration, but the final settlement. Negotiate has more reference to execution than treat; nations may treat of peace without result, but when a treaty is negotiated, peace is secured; the citizens of the two nations are then free to transact business with one another. Compare DO.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
List of paraphrases:
Trial to Reduce Cardiovascular Events with Aranesp Therapy
Tranilast REstenosis following Angioplasty Trial
Translations for treat
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- vyjednávat, pojednat, léčit, pohostit, zacházetCzech
- behandeln, bewirtenGerman
- κέρασμα, δώρο, διαπραγματεύομαι, μιλώ, ικετεύω, εκλιπαρώ, μεταχειρίζομαι, υποβάλλω σε [[θεραπεία]], [[θεράπων]] [[ιατρός]], κατεργάζομαι, κερνάω, χαρίζω, χαρά, πραγματεύομαι, φέρομαι, χειρίζομαι, συμπεριφέρομαι, υποβάλλω σε [[αγωγή]], αντιμετωπίζω, επεξεργάζομαι, φιλεύω, κάνω [[δώρο]]Greek
- sorpresa, tratar, negociar, convidar, tratado, rogar, invitar, sorprenderSpanish
- traiter, négocierFrench
- foglalkozik, értekezik, befizet, kezel, tárgyal, bánik, megvendégel, szórakozás, meghívHungarian
- haumanu, rongoāMāori
- behandelen, trakteren, voorstellen, onderhandelenDutch
- behandle, påspandere, påspanderingNorwegian
- potraktować, traktowaćPolish
- tratar, tratado, negociarPortuguese
- trata, desfătare, surpriză, ospăta, negocia, îngriji, conjura, încântare, tratație, cinste, imploraRomanian
- лечить, угостить, развлечение, обращаться, вылечить, угощать, подарокRussian
Get even more translations for treat »
Find a translation for the treat synonym in other languages:
Select another language: